X

Hi, Richie from UK.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, Richie from UK.

Hi, Thought id give a quick intro, Richie , from North Wales in the UK. Im looking at purchasing a 1995 GSX600F as they are names over here. Its Red with a Purple seat and wheels. I could only find one pic on the internet with this colur scheme.

Hopefully if the link works theres a picture of a very similar one above. The one im after is a genuine 8000 miles which is quite low for a bike of that age, its in really nice condition too.

I already have a Suzuki, but of the 4 wheeled variety. Want the bike as it may be a tad faster on the road than my Vitara (Sidekick)

Heres a pic of it with my expedition trailer .(made from half of a Vitara)

Look forward to posting some pics when i get it.

Just a quick question , (excuse me if its been asked a million times before) but are there any bits to look out for, been reading that they can get a bit tricky to start if left standing due to gunk inthe carbs and battery going down, dont know if this is true or not. Thats the only slightly negative ive found.

Want a rack and box on the back too , anyone recomend and point me to any, (racks seem thin on the ground for these, on E bay)

Cheers

Richie

Welcome to KR. Think positive. If the bike fires up there's no problem. If the bike doesn't fire up, then you might want to look into getting fresh gas, new plugs, a carb cleaning, and a carb synch. It looks like a nice bike.....let's hope it fires up.
    sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
    ------------------------------------------
    89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
    96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Welcome to KR - I WANT YOUR VITARA SETUP!
      Originally posted by katanawarrior
      I keep coming here because of the smileys, really.

Comment

Welcome to KR
        THE DOC
        RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
        Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
        mistake when you make it again.
        sigpic

Comment

Welcome!!
          R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Welcome to KR! This site is awesome
            "When you work on your mysterious lady part stuff, you should have the right tools, too. That's why you should use Maypax. The official tampon of NASCAR." Ricky Bobby

sigpic

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders
              2007 Honda CBR600rr
              2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
              sigpic

Comment

Welcome to KR, hope all goes well with the new ride.

Tok

Comment

Welcome to KR.

Comment

Welcome!
                    =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Cheers for the welcomes guys, been having a look around. Lots of good advice on here, so need to get studying.

Richie

Comment

Good luck on getting your bike....A Vitara with a 1/2 of a Vitara for a trailer?!That is awesome!!Welcome to KatRiders!!

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndID=107018844
                        http://www.youtube.com/user/neoshifter

Genesis 9:6
                        Whosoever sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed......RIP Daniel A. Mguire,you'll always be in my heart brother.

Comment

welcome to KR!
                          "If a cluttered desk is sign of a cluttered mind....what then, of an empty desk?"

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...14&ref=profile

sigpic

Comment

Welcome to KR!
                            Think safe, ride safe.

Comment

Went to see the bike, (Like new condition) rang the bloke first thing the next morning but it had already gone, absolutely gutted.

Anyway the chap across the street has a mate who has a later (after 98) shape one , (Sorry guys dont know the proper name) Its done a few more miles (about 28,000) but looks (from the pics) to be in good condition, its got a new chain , sprocket etc and had a recent service.

Hes sent me a couple of pics so i'll see if i can attach them to a post. Its in the Metallic Yellow /Gold (again dont know the proper name , some more research required).

Richie

Here the pics of it.

What do you guys think, i like the colour (personal choice i know) so will have to see if its as tidy in the flesh as in the pics. , Wish me luck.

Richie
                              Last edited by Richie; 07-28-2009, 05:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                              X