• Show
Clear All

Welcome to KatRiders
    2007 Honda CBR600rr
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
    sigpic

Comment

Yeah I am pulling in the clutch. Usually I would leave it in neutral and on the kickstand to start it, when I do this the head and tail lights come on. Would the safety switch keep the lights from coming on to. Thank you.

Comment

Welcome to KR!
        "Do, or do not, there is no try." -Yoda

sigpic

Comment

Welcome to KR!
          =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Welcome to KR.
            Think safe, ride safe.

Comment

welcome to KR. hope you can get it started.
              R.I.P. Marc- You will be missed!

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by KatJoe View Post
                Yeah I am pulling in the clutch. Usually I would leave it in neutral and on the kickstand to start it, when I do this the head and tail lights come on. Would the safety switch keep the lights from coming on to. Thank you.
                welcome, and no,,,your lights should still turn on. I think your problem is something else. there should be two wires leading to the + of the battery. on some bikes it is 2 separate wires that connect to the + terminal, and on other bikes the two wires "merge" and connect as one to the + terminal. check to make sure the two wires are connected, or are ok where they merge. if yes, then you need to start tracking down the short.

hint: if all your fuses are ok, it is very possible that the short is before the fuse box.....which can be a good thing as there is much less to track down. this is assuming it is a problem with the live wire.

However, I am leaning towards it being a problem with the ground wire. the neutral switch and the oil sensor are directly grounded to the frame and engine.....hence power still flowing. where as the lights and controls rely on a ground by means of a wire.

my advice....start tracing the ground. I am betting that is your problem.
                I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Welcome to KR

Comment

welcome
                    [FONT=Georgia]Gonna miss you guys and gals, be safe!!

Comment

Welcome to KR
                      The supreme happiness of life is the conviction of being loved for yourself, or, more correctly, being loved in spite of yourself.
                      http://myspace.com/solsticio
                      www.facebook.com/solsticios

Comment

Thanks for the help, it was the ground wire that is connected to the negative cable. It had melted and was arching on the frame. I thought it would have blown the fuse, but it was a 30 amp fuse. Thanks again I will be riding again when it stops raining.
                        Originally posted by Mojoe View Post
                        welcome, and no,,,your lights should still turn on. I think your problem is something else. there should be two wires leading to the + of the battery. on some bikes it is 2 separate wires that connect to the + terminal, and on other bikes the two wires "merge" and connect as one to the + terminal. check to make sure the two wires are connected, or are ok where they merge. if yes, then you need to start tracking down the short.

hint: if all your fuses are ok, it is very possible that the short is before the fuse box.....which can be a good thing as there is much less to track down. this is assuming it is a problem with the live wire.

However, I am leaning towards it being a problem with the ground wire. the neutral switch and the oil sensor are directly grounded to the frame and engine.....hence power still flowing. where as the lights and controls rely on a ground by means of a wire.

my advice....start tracing the ground. I am betting that is your problem.

Comment

Welcome, first comment seemed dead on - try those things.

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders!!

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndID=107018844
                            http://www.youtube.com/user/neoshifter

Genesis 9:6
                            Whosoever sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed......RIP Daniel A. Mguire,you'll always be in my heart brother.

Comment

Working...
                            X