X

L@@kin for rear shock info

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L@@kin for rear shock info

Just wondering what is the best suspension setup? I've read some posts on here regarding the OEM rebuild with the Ohlins fork springs. Heard that it was pretty dope setup. What kind of rear shock is recommended?

Go here and start reading young Jedi. You'll get dozens of different answers on what's best, really comes down to personal preference. Your weight, riding style, size of bike, and other variables come into play with suspension settings. Ohlins stuff is great but there are other manufacturers of springs/shocks out there also that will work just fine. Do a search for 'rear shock interchange guide' and you'll find a thread that tells what shocks will swap onto the different years and sizes of Kats too. And of course if you are cheap there's always the spring spacer mod for the stock front.

Everything from the best brake pads to use, installing new brake lines,
    swing arm swaps, adjusting your suspension or rebuilding your forks.
    Everything you need to know on those topics and so much more is here.
    Last edited by Trackerrrr; 03-09-2009, 03:04 AM.
    Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
    Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

Welcome

Comment

-Steve

sigpic
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Read read read and read some more.

BUT... PAY CLOSE ATTENTION WHEN RIDERS MENTION HOW MUCH
          THEY WEIGH!!!!

I'm 6'3 230, and the Bandit 1200 shock + spacers and heavier fork oil in the front of my pre-98 REALLY helped the handling....FOR ME. Made it feel like a totally different bike. However a friend of mine rode it (experienced rider) and he said it beat him to death...please note he is 5'7" or so and maybe 150 dripping wet.....

Comment

First question is what price range you looking at? That answer alone will define what brand or type of shock you can get.

Tmod

Comment

Oh man I gotta fix that..

Comment

Working...
              X