X

me my bike and expeience so far...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• me my bike and expeience so far...

Hi all thought id intorduce myself as i have been quitely browsing this forum for info

I live in the UK and own a 97 gsx600f have owned if for a year now have found it to be a great bike not to scary for new rider yet still able to shift when requiured

I have replaced quite a few parts in the last year which have shown their age and have carried out most of the repairs myself and have learnt quite alot along the way

New chain and sprockets
    new tyres (removed wheels and took them into shop)
    new rear shock
    changed fork oil
    replaced brake pads
    also usual service oil, air filter etc

I took the bike into garage for carb clean/balance and am currently replacing the fairings as they were painted when i bought them and are generaly a bit tatty now

i use my bike every day for a 40 mile round commute and it has been reliable all through the winter oh and them heated grips are a god send on them cold mornings

the only prob i had with my bike is when it would drop a cylinder or 2 and loose power untill it would eventually die and then only run full choke and a good hand full of throttle -

So far the carb clean and balance helped but didn't cure it they said an ignition coil was the problem i replaced it but probs still continue where it drops a cylinder and stutters/looses power especially when i give it some 70mph plus and i have to ease of for a while then it picks up again.

i haved changed plugs/leads etc and fuel filters + after reading some of the posts my next things is the petcock rebuild kit as it does leak slightly round there and i hope the problem will be solved by a new diaphram etc. As i like this bike and can't afford a new one just has the pronlem of stuttering/hesitating at high speed ie overtaking

Bit of a long intro but though id bring u up to speed with where im at. Look forward to chatting with you all.
    some days i feel like king midas in reverse every thing i touch turns to s**t

Welcome

Comment

Welcome to the forum!
      =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Welcome to KR

THE DOC
        THE DOC
        RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
        Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
        mistake when you make it again.
        sigpic

Comment

welcome
          2000 Katana- vance and hines exhaust 03+ rear end, 14/48 sprockets, stage 1 jet kit, 5 degree ignition advancer, WANT B12 HEADER

1997 S10- 3/4 drop on 20 inch rims, tinted tails, shaved doors, tailgate, antenna, 12 inch orion sub with 1200 watt orion amp, hvac controls relocated in glove box, sony head unit with infinity components, smoothed and painted dash parts, chrome window cranks and shifter, too much to list

Comment

Welcome to KR

Comment

Welcome to KR

Hope the info here helps on your fix

Comment

Welcome to KR! Tons of info on the site to get your scoot running right - just do a search or browse the various posts.
                2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
                2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

hello and welcome
                  sigpicAllan

If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've high-sided!

Comment

Welcome to KR!!!
                    sigpic

Comment

welcome to KR .. sounds like you are doing well .. older bikes will always have problem .. especially when you are sorting out problems previous owners either didnt care to fix or didnt know to fix .. hope you can get her running properly and she lasts a long time for you
                      so many roads so little time

Comment

Welcome! Good luck fixing her up.

Comment

Welcome and good luck.
                          I'm not lost!. I know where I am, I just don't know where I'm going.

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders
                            2007 Honda CBR600rr
                            2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                            sigpic

Comment

welcome to the forum

Comment

Working...
                              X