• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbie, but have to sell already?

Originally posted by tungsten

What should I do?

-Jeff

Gotta love the pickles that wives put you in. Been there, bro.

I went a LONG time without a bike before she understood. I think you've got to sell if you want to keep her. Then, you've got to educate her on how badly you need to ride.

It may take a long time, but I can promise you that a short-term "I want my bike now" deal will cost you in the relationship. I know it feels like she doesn't respect your wishes by asking you to sell it, but she also feels like you didn't respect hers by buying it.

I'm sure she's looking for a partnership in future endeavors, etc.

FWIW.

If we ever reach the point where we can't openly discuss riding bikes on acid without even a modicum of civility, then the terrorists have won.

HORSE BANG!!! ........props to *GP*

Official coefficient of friction test dummy

Comment

Listen buying a motorcycle is not grounds for divorce, if she seriously wants to leave you over the bike than that is not rational thinking. There are lots of good reasons for people to go there seprate ways this is not one of them. Do you tell her she has to sell things or else? Do you forbid her from making purchases that she wants? This is about control. If you want the bike and can aford the bike, which it appears you can, than you should keeps it.

Comment

Originally posted by SlytlyDeranged
        Get rid of the chick and keep the bike. With her as a wife you can never get another bike, but if you keep the bike, it will always bring you more women!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last year my wife and I had an arguement about me going to a bike rally. She told me if i went she would divorce me, I told her "I'll pack your shiat when I get back" I went she was still there when i got back and has no problem that I am going this year. Sometimes you just have to call their bluff.

KEEP THE BIKE!!!!
        (For Sly)
        Hmm....call their bluff, huh? The only reason I was here when you got back is because I don't see the point in ending a marriage with children involved over something as petty as a bike rally. Also, I thought it over and decided I would even the score over time rather than all at once. I'm getting what I want too, you're just too clueless to realize it. Love ya hon.

(For the dude with the problem)**I say compromise with her. I'm sure if you tried hard enough you can work something out. Also, bikes are a dime a dozen, good wives don't come along so often. Keep that in the forefront as well and may the force be with you!!

Comment

welcome to KR!
          West of Germany
          greetz Carsten

Comment

I think the real problem is that you did it against her wishes. You didn't say how much was said about you getting the bike. Was it "Honey there is this bike that is selling for a song" and she flat out said "NO" and you did it anyway? Then she has to stand her ground. She isn't being controlling but keeping you from walking all over her in the future.

I agree with Katastrophe get her involved and take the course with her.

And for SlytlyDeranged you crazy!!! Don't you know not to post stuff about your wife when she lurks in the same forum.

I'm one of the lucky ones last year for my birthday my wife got me the MSF course for my birthday so I "had to get a bike"

Maybe you can agree to sell it but ride it until it sells. Then you could put the wrong call back number on it.
            92 Katana 600 Project bike
            Some assembly required is my middle name!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sly's Baby
              Get rid of the chick and keep the bike. With her as a wife you can never get another bike, but if you keep the bike, it will always bring you more women!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last year my wife and I had an arguement about me going to a bike rally. She told me if i went she would divorce me, I told her "I'll pack your shiat when I get back" I went she was still there when i got back and has no problem that I am going this year. Sometimes you just have to call their bluff.

KEEP THE BIKE!!!!
              (For Sly)
              Hmm....call their bluff, huh? The only reason I was here when you got back is because I don't see the point in ending a marriage with children involved over something as petty as a bike rally. Also, I thought it over and decided I would even the score over time rather than all at once. I'm getting what I want too, you're just too clueless to realize it. Love ya hon.

(For the dude with the problem)**I say compromise with her. I'm sure if you tried hard enough you can work something out. Also, bikes are a dime a dozen, good wives don't come along so often. Keep that in the forefront as well and may the force be with you!!
              Sly, you got so owned by your wife
              Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

Originally posted by Gear Dog
                Maybe you can agree to sell it but ride it until it sells. Then you could put the wrong call back number on it.
                I was thinking the same thing.
                PM me for Ultrasonic Carb Cleaning, pilot screw o-rings and washers and mercury refills

Harley Davidson
                The most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the biproduct of horsepower

Comment

Originally posted by UFO8MyCow
                  Originally posted by Gear Dog
                  I was thinking the same thing.
                  +1
                  Just set the price a $100,000.00......

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Originally posted by KatanaO215
                    Originally posted by Sly's Baby

KEEP THE BIKE!!!!
                    (For Sly)

Sly, you got so owned by your wife

Yes, yes, I did. I have been owned by her since the day I met her. She is the meanest one damn woman I have ever met in my entire life. That is the reason I married her. We get along great most usually and are getting along great now. She took the post exactly for what it was, a joke. She was laughing about it, but there is no way she could let it slide and not post something about it. I have no doubt who wears the pants in my family, I havent been able to get them on since she got down to a size 6! LOL
                    If Knowledge is Power, There are a lot of very weak people out there!!!

'97 TLS It's the "WILD, HAIRY-ARSED, NUN-RAPING VIKING PSYCHOPATH!" with M4 complete exhaust, PCII, -1front +2 rear, airbox mod, R motor with pairvalve mod, temp sensor relocation mod, and oil cooler mod

Comment

get a new wife

Comment

oh my oh my dont we have a little problem. you want to know what the problem is..........

KATANA ENVY same basics as PENIS ENVY (all whom dont have, want )

thats right, your girl wants a crotch rocket too. either that or she can see the new found love in your eyes and thats not good either she aint wanting to play co pilot or sloppy seconds. my advice... bribe her
                        yep prepare her favorite dish talk bout all tha good things that she likes ta hear (dont make it 2 obvious though) and sex her up real good like when you first met and while shes knocked out, give her hipnotic suggestions (like bikes are good bikes are safe safe safe you are #1 #1) or something like that. any ways i gotz ta go hang with mr cooper so good luck.
                        a voice came to me and said, sacrifice that which you love the most (my girl and my bikes)
                        so i lied and gave up my girl.

Comment

words to live by.....

ask for forgiveness, rather then permission.

Never give up,
                          never surrender.

Pre 98's Rock!

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...&id=1593731870

http://www.myspace.com/bobbyma

Comment

Who's money bought it? Screw that married money is yours and hers and whatever crap... But really - whos money bought it?

If it was me, I would just say it how it is. Keep the bike. You wanted it. You save up for it. You worked for it. So.. you keep it.

nuff said. Suck it up and lay it down as it is.

-Grimmy
                            Race Superseries Novice Open, Amateur Superbike #224 Suzuki GSXR-1000

Comment

I dunno, Grimmy... In this day and age, women don't respond (in general) to unilateral ultimatums anymore than men do. I know if I were to "put my foot down" to my GF, I'm sure everything would be fine.... after I got out of intensive care and the bullet wounds heal . But hell, that's why we're together, because she's a fiesty, independant woman, and I wouldn't have it any other way. I think tungsten's wife is cut from the same cloth, judging by his posts and her reaction to his purchase.

Tungsten, if you can't convince her that you will be safe as possible on the bike, you might have to face up to the idea of selling it, especially if you told her that you were going to sell it in the first place. Sell it, and keep the money in savings. Eventually, things are going to calm down to the point to where you can buy another bike. But right now I'll bet every time she looks at that bike, she sees it as a symbol of you going against her wishes.

It's a rough spot to be in... Good luck, man. Keep us posted!
                              2005 Red Katana 600!

How y'all mom n' 'em?

Comment

tough spot

you could always tell her that quads are more dangerous than motorcycles. It's weak ( espeacially for excusses) but true. Quads give a false sence of security. go to your local dealer they can verify this. the idea of the class together is also go. And just sit down and Talk to your wife.
                                walk lightly, breathe deeply, harm none

Comment

Working...
                                X