X

New here, reporting from Mesa, AZ

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New here, reporting from Mesa, AZ

Hello everybody. I just recently picked up an 04 Kat 600 on Saturday and stumbled across this site yesterday. In the 4 hours of browsing the forums last night I've already had most of my questions answered, so thanks! I still have plently more to bombard you all with, so be prepared.

This will be my first street bike, but I've spend my childhood up to college in the dirt racing around Texas, so the fundametals are still there

About the kat: Most will have to do with general repairs; the bike I purchased was dumped on both sides by the previous owner (some crazy kid with a death wish. He has two stunt bikes, his daily commuter, and a Ducati he's fixing up to race that the previous owner died on.) I checked it all out and it's all cosmetic damage, surprisingly. The frame, welds, forks are all straight and solid, and everything mechanical works and feels clean and smooth, nothing appears to be replaced or modified. It's missing the bottom fairing and the sides fairings are all thrashed. I'll probably just remove those ugly *** things to start off with. At least whenever I do introduce myself to Mr. Pavement I won't be ****ed about scratching the bike! My first stop is registering it and taking it to the nearest shop to have it looked over (Any east valley arizonians recommend a good shop? There's a Ride Now across from where I work, but I've heard they like to shake your hand in front while another shakes your wallet from behind.)

Anyways, thanks for the already extensive help found in stickies and I hope to be able return the favor and help out soon enough! Oh, I'll post pictures of the ugly thing when I get home from work.

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

Welcome to the site
      Sex Panther cologne -- 60% of the time, it works every time

Comment

Welcome to KR!
        2006 GSXR 600 Gone to Gixxer heaven
        BMC Notorious 918 HT
        2007 GSXR 750

KATRIDERS SOCAL GROUP RIDE 2009

Comment

hello and welcome
          sigpicAllan

If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've high-sided!

Comment

Welcome. Glad you stumbled upon us

Comment

Welcome to the site.
              2003 Katzuki 600

Comment

Welcome to KR

THE DOC
                THE DOC
                RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
                Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
                mistake when you make it again.
                sigpic

Comment

Welcome to the forum!
                  =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Hello and welcome from Tucson.

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders!
                      2006 Katana 750 (taken by the guy that said he didn't see me)
                      2006 VFR800 to replace the broken Kat.

Comment

Working...
                      X