X

Sick KAT

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sick KAT

Hey everybody I'm New to KatRiders.com I Live In Asheville NC. About 4 months ago I got this call from buddy of mine I used to ride with telling me his bike was not running and if I wanted it to come and get it as his wife gave him 2 days to get rid of it. She (the bike A 1991 Katana 750f) had seen better days. My buddys son was out on the bike when "it just stoped Running" in Fact the Number 2 cylinder had droped a valve and the number 2 cylinder Broke into 2 peices and the motor froze up. I droped the motor and started looking for a new one after about a month of looking I found a doner bike with what lookes like a good heart the doner had been wrecked in 2000. the rider hit a car from behind bent the forks and quit rideing and let the bike sit. after years of his buddys comming over and taking a part off here and there the Motor ,tripple Tree, Gold wheels, and all the elect. stuff there was not alot left on this frame but the parts I Needed. The carbs had been taken off and water had gotten inside but the motor was clean. I pulled the heart out of this doner bike and placed it into the cradel of my Sick Kitty. The Black Box That came with my bike had 1988 Katana GSX 1100 on it but the motor I took out was a gsx750f so I pulled the Black box off the Doner to everything fit. No OJ simpson stuff.
    with my carbs on the new motor the bike hooked up to my car battery (so I know she has Juice) the two fuel lines and the one Vacume line hooked up she will not start. she turns over, the plugs light up like the 4th of july I even get a back fire every now and then. Sounds like a WOOOOOSH type of back Fire. I just want this bike to Run. Ive hand polished the frame over the summer while all my buddys are out rideing (I guess if they were true friends theY would be helping me. ) NAAAAAAAAAAAA thats asking way to much. Im ready to paint. she has been lowerd and streched 4inchs down and 6inchs off stock back she looks mean and this bike was super fast. I just wanna Ride ANY HELP on what to do Next................Thanks for the help.......if you [email protected]

Are you sure the plug wires are on the right cylinders? Sounds like the ignition timing is off.
    Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders. I'm sure someone here will be able to help you.
      2003 Katzuki 600

Comment

Originally posted by kevin2502000 View Post
        Are you sure the plug wires are on the right cylinders? Sounds like the ignition timing is off.
        Agreed.

If it's really firing back out of the carbs, then either the ignition, or the cam timing is off.
        Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Welcome to the site.

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders! Good luck!
            2006 Katana 750 (taken by the guy that said he didn't see me)
            2006 VFR800 to replace the broken Kat.

Comment

Welcome to KR

THE DOC
              THE DOC
              RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
              Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
              mistake when you make it again.
              sigpic

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders
                2007 Honda CBR600rr
                2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                sigpic

Comment

Welcome to KR!

Comment

Welcome to KR, I'm sure tone will chime in and give you the heads up.

Good luck.

Tok

Comment

Originally posted by kevin2502000 View Post

i would point the fingers here as well

Comment

Plugs are in order 1234. just changed the coils Same thing two quick Pops lots of white smoke. Now the starter will not stop turning over. Im Lost All i want to to is Ride...........

Comment

Originally posted by BAD92KAT View Post
                          Plugs are in order 1234. just changed the coils Same thing two quick Pops lots of white smoke. Now the starter will not stop turning over. Im Lost All i want to to is Ride...........

Left coil should be cylinder 1 & 3. Right coil 2 & 4. As you sit on the bike. If that is right, make sure the 2 coils didn't get switched around with the hot wires.
                          Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

i think everything is in order Now I just need to get fuel to the crabs.? i thought it was 1234 as your looking down at it? Ill try 1324 and see what that gets me.....lol God I Love to hate this bike. Ive done to much work on her not to get her running..........

Comment

did you ever get her running?

Comment

Working...
                              X