Comment

Welcome to KatRiders!!!
        sigpic

RIP CP
        50th Anniv R6
        95 Katana 600
        http://www.assfaultjunkies.com/index.php

Comment

She is a heavy and fast bike. If you drop her, you will probably need a new mirror and turn signal. I know from experience... (I owned one for several months) I only weigh 150 pounds and when she fell over, I had to call my son over to help me pick her up. 1100cc is a lot of power and can be a real joy to ride.
          Nelsonind

Comment

nice find on the Kat .. welcome to the KR world
            so many roads so little time

Comment

Thanks for the multitude of welcomes!

I gather from the variety of encouragements, cautions, and humor that this group is well represented from all angles of the riding community. As it should be.

I hope I can make the time to drop in here often and share comments, learnings, and some of my Kat experiences (as soon as I get some) as the commaraderie is almost as much fun as spinning the wheels.

I will say that I have not felt more centered or "at home" than I did when I took my first ride on the Kat. I've been off two wheels for a while and forgot how correct I feel on a motorcycle. It was only a brief run across the big city and the bike was intensely well behaved in traffic....peacefuly purrs in town....somewhat belying the open road snarl that I'm sure this old kitty has tucked away in the higher rev range. Looking forward to letting this experienced Kat get out and scratch!!

More as it happens! ...and, glad to be immersing in a crowd that obviously loves to ride.
              1988 GSX1100F - Stone Stock

Comment

Welcome fellow Canuck
                R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Welcome, welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by BillKat View Post
                    Definately a more aggressive riding position than I have had on any bike in the past.
                    are you used to riding a lazyboy? you have a katana right? lol agressive

im just playin man welcome to KR, just go sit on a new gsxr and then think about why i made that joke

Comment

Hah! More like dirt bike arm chair. Agree the Kat is not particularly aggressive in seating. Curiosly, although I've had a lot of different bikes, there are two distinct categories that I have not sampled: Crotch Rocket (this Kat would be the closest to that) and motorhome (i.e. Honda Interstate or Harley Dresser type).

So many bikes, so little cash.

GSX750R....something draws me to that one....perhaps for my next bike so I can say I had one. Lots of time to get around to the two-wheeled motorhome!
                      1988 GSX1100F - Stone Stock

Comment

Welcome to KR. Ride safe

Comment

Go for the 1000 or the Busa. You already have an 1100. No need to step back to a 750.
                          and Welcome to KR!
                          -
                          -

I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

Comment

Working...
                          X