New Dude... looking fro 750 Kat info

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Dude... looking fro 750 Kat info

Hey ya'll

Just joined last nite... looks like fun here.

I ride an '82 Yami Maxim 750... have had 5 bikes in my time including an H_D...the Maxim is actually fun to ride... but to get that bike to where I want to go is probly gonna take more $$$ than I want to get into

Have a short leg issue and every sport bike I sit on is bigger than me...... the Kat included.

But after doing research, I settled on looking for a 750 Kat - '03-'04 version. still has a 31" seat ht, but will a longer swing arm lower that? How will the handling be affected? Was informed not much can be done in that dept.

I saw a program on the Speed Channel one nite where lotta sportbikes were tricked out - bigtime...is where I got ideas from.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanx in advance,

PY

Music Gets You Through!

Hey they have a new medical technique where they break your legs and can pull traction on them getting you an extra inch or two.........................j/k welcome aboard
    Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

We have a member here that will make up a set of very high quality lowering links if you want it lower. Extended swingarms don't get recommended too often around here, but to each their own........
      Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Welcome to KR

THE DOC
        THE DOC
        RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
        Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
        mistake when you make it again.
        sigpic

Comment

Welcome! I'm working on a project myself. Hopefully it don't turn into a money pit

Comment

hello and welcome
            sigpicAllan

If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've high-sided!

Comment

Welcome to KR!
              2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
              2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders!
                  2006 Katana 750 (taken by the guy that said he didn't see me)
                  2006 VFR800 to replace the broken Kat.

Comment

Welcome. I had my bike lowered about a month ago. People recommend shaving down the seat so that handling isn't required but that didn't sound too appealing to me. I bought Pro-Tek lowering links for about $50 and dropped in 2 inches. I'm only 5'6" so now I can touch flat footed on either side. I also got new tires on at the same time, since it's like killing two birds with one stone, so I felt a slight change in handling. But I think that was mainly due to being off the bike for a few days and the new tires having an effect. It's worth it, you'll get used to it, and being able to touch is soooo great, I can't even explain!

Comment

Hello and welcome to KatRiders.
                      2003 Katzuki 600

Comment

Welcome!
                        =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

welcome...i went with lowering links. you can find them online from $35-$60 and will lower you 1-3 inches. when i lowered the kat i didnt like it too much cuz it went down too much for me. so i went back up to stock height and had the seat shaved down. very happy now.

Comment

Welcome aboard. Enjay gave some great advice. If you can't be flat-footed on a Kat....it's a disaster waiting to happen because of it's high centre of gravity.
                            sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                            ------------------------------------------
                            89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                            96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Welcome man, cant wait to hear what you decide to do.

Comment

Working...
                              X