Got a Kat for my Girl!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a Kat for my Girl!!

Hey all!

I'm in Southern California and I build Cafe Racers! (Old School). I used to own a Kat...But my newest daily rider is a Triumph

I love the site! I just bought a 2000 Kat and I plan on doing a ton of mods to it for her! I'm painting it right now! she want Gunmetal grey! Good choice!

Good to have you here. Cafe's are some of my favorite bikes. I like to sit and drool looking at Carpy's site now and then. What kinda Triumph are you riding? Best of luck with the Kat.
    Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Can't wait to see the pics of your modded Kat =)
      Life is a really long ride. Make sure you do it in style.

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
        Good to have you here. Cafe's are some of my favorite bikes. I like to sit and drool looking at Carpy's site now and then. What kinda Triumph are you riding? Best of luck with the Kat.
        Carpy builds some nice stuff...Heres some that I've done in the last 6 months:

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
        I've got a Daytona 955i Triple
        Last edited by bhppy101; 08-20-2008, 11:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Nice bikes and good luck w/ the Kat - can't wait to see it.

Comment

Welcome to KR

THE DOC

(Where in Cali?)
            THE DOC
            RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
            Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
            mistake when you make it again.
            sigpic

Comment

i love the v-star he built....very nice....

Ohh BTW how many inches are those risers I want to put the broomstick bars on mine also, but wasn't 100% on how tall i need to the risers, or i am gonna go with the Yamaha T-Bars that have the risers built in....But i like the broomstick bars better

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by whitecl0ver View Post
                i love the v-star he built....very nice....

Ohh BTW how many inches are those risers I want to put the broomstick bars on mine also, but wasn't 100% on how tall i need to the risers, or i am gonna go with the Yamaha T-Bars that have the risers built in....But i like the broomstick bars better
                Thanks!

Those are 6" straight risers. The yamaha T's have a pullback to them. I wanted to stretch over the tank

Originally posted by DOCTORNITRO View Post
                Welcome to KR

THE DOC

(Where in Cali?)
                Hey Doc,

I'm in Camarillo.... 15 minutes north of Malibu
                Last edited by bhppy101; 08-21-2008, 08:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Welcome to KR! You do excellent work! I can't wait to see pics of a Kat done up.
                  sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                  ------------------------------------------
                  89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                  96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Welcome to KR! Wish my girl wanted a bike!

Comment

Welcome to KR!
                      2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
                      2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

Originally posted by bhppy101 View Post
                        Thanks!

Those are 6" straight risers. The yamaha T's have a pullback to them. I wanted to stretch over the tank

Yeah thats what I want too....where did u get the risers and how much were they? I know the bar it's self is cheap, saw them on e-bay for like $25....But 6in risers are kinda steep lol

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders
                          2007 Honda CBR600rr
                          2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                          sigpic

Comment

Yeah thats what I want too....where did u get the risers and how much were they? I know the bar it's self is cheap, saw them on e-bay for like $25....But 6in risers are kinda steep lol
                            Yep...the drag bar was cheap....but the risers were about $150...they werent the cheap single plated chrome ones that rust...these risers weighed about 2.5 lbs each and are triple coated... I ended up selling them for 75 with the bar and transformed the V-star again by lowering it another 2" stretching the tank 6"....chopping and shaving the rear fender...flush mounted the tail light...and put some new color on her

I finally ended up polishing the stock risers and I found some Drag Bars with a 2.5" rise...They were perfect! I can turn full lock without hitting the tank!

Thanks to everyone for all of the welcomes!!

I'm stoked to get the Kat going. I've got it primed and ready to shoot the base tonight. She might change her mind from the House of Kolor Kosmic Grey to a midnight Blue/Purple/Pearl that I have laying around. I'll know by tonight.

Comment

You should try to contact neoublie, I know he custom fabs parts.
                              Foolish men search the earth for worldly masters, not realizing that their own mind is the master.

Comment

Working...
                              X