X

first bike from Va

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first bike from Va

I finally got my first ride. A yellow Kat I found on EBAY. I'm 33 and living in norhtern Va. Haven't found many other kat riders in the area yet. Still looking.

Welcome to KR

Comment

welcome to katriders congrats on first bike ride safe
      sigpicAllan

If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've high-sided!

Comment

welcome to kr.

Comment

congrats on the new ride and welcome to KR

Comment

welcome
            fill out your profile and you will probably find more riders in your area
            Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Welcome to the forum!

Don't ride a Kat any longer, but I'm always up for a ride. PM if you want to ride sometime. I'm in Manassas.
              =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Thanks

I updated my profile. Since this is my first bike I've only been out on short hops. Only 30-40 miles at a time. And usually early Sat&Sun mornings when there are less damn cell phone users on the road.

I could use some advice on a couple of things.
                The figertips on my right hand start tingling pretty bad after about 20 miles. Anybody else have this problem?

My 01 KAT 600 is stock as far as I can tell. What mods if any should I be considering?

Comment

Welcome to KR.

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders. Enjoy the new bike.
                    2003 Katzuki 600

Comment

welcome to KR... Im not to close but not to far, living in NC so if you ever dicide to come this way and you want to ride let me know...Oh and yea i used to get that tingling feeling in my hands like they are going sleep... its just were youre griping the handle bars to tight...lol...after you get comfortable riding your bike and build up some confidense it will change.

What goes around comes around!!!

Comment

Originally posted by capsfan View Post
                        I updated my profile. Since this is my first bike I've only been out on short hops. Only 30-40 miles at a time. And usually early Sat&Sun mornings when there are less damn cell phone users on the road.

I could use some advice on a couple of things.
                        The figertips on my right hand start tingling pretty bad after about 20 miles. Anybody else have this problem?

My 01 KAT 600 is stock as far as I can tell. What mods if any should I be considering?
                        Be careful of your hand position and make sure you're wearing loose gloves. Constriction can cause the tingling.

Mods are up to you. If you want better sound or a tiny bit of extra powr, you can get some pipes. Safety-wise, you can improve your headlights/taillights. I wouldn't get into too much of a rush, though. -Get to know your bike better.
                        =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders
                          2007 Honda CBR600rr
                          2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                          sigpic

Comment

Welcome to KR!
                            -
                            -

I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders!
                              2006 Katana 750 (taken by the guy that said he didn't see me)
                              2006 VFR800 to replace the broken Kat.

Comment

Working...
                              X