X

New. it shows.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New. it shows.

howdy doo. Just got my first bike, a 94 katana 600... its a little bit of a project bike, and i didnt really realize that i dont know enough about bikes to tackle a project, buuuuut its a little late for that now.
    katanas got about 13000 miles on it, but it sat for about 2 years with no one riding it. i cleaned out the carbs and got it running, then adjusted the idle cable (need to do a little more actually) and now i'm stuck. bikes having idle problems. i have the idle set to about 1200 rpm, but it is shutting off when it gets warm. then ,when i can get it to start back up, it doesnt really respond to the throttle, just sort of acts like its choking.
    when its warming it it runs great..i'm sorta confused. i'm gonna pull the plugs tonight and see what they look like, but they were supposed to be new when i got the bike...i'm gonna post this in the mech section later tonight.

anyways. i live in northern WV and cant wait to get riding.
    i also enjoy sitting on my butt and eating potato chips.
    Hammer:
    Apply directly to the forehead!

Welcome to KR, there's allot of talent in this site that can point you in the rigth direction, I'm just not one of them lol.

Comment

Welcome.
      Some days your the bug.....Some days your the windshield.

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders !

Prepare yourself to learn in abundance. Check out the Service Department.
        You will find alot of folks here that really know their stuff and are more than willing to help. You will also run into some whose only advice is to use the "Search" function. Which I will say works amazingly !!!

Based on little info, my advice would start with performing standard maintenance and tune-up procedures.

Fellow KR member CP has a bulletproof maintenance schedule
        and advice that will keep you going for the long haul.

Enjoy !
        sigpic
        Dale Earnhardt, Adam Petty, Neil Bonnet, Davey Allison & Alan Kulwicki ... And all other Members of Heavens 500. You will be forever missed.

Comment

If it runs like piz when it's hot, it's likely running too rich. My advice is to check the choke cable where it links to the carbs, and make sure it's turning off all the way. After that, check float level, check a/f mixture screws, check pilot jets.......
          Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

hello and welcome
            sigpicAllan

If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've high-sided!

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders
              2007 Honda CBR600rr
              2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
              sigpic

Comment

Welcome.
                Blk Kat06 RIP Replaced with GSXR750k7
                Blue/Blue 2008 Busa

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders.
                  2003 Katzuki 600

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders!
                    2006 Katana 750 (taken by the guy that said he didn't see me)
                    2006 VFR800 to replace the broken Kat.

Comment

Welcome to KR

MrsNITRO
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      I have gone to find myself......If I get back before I return............Keep me here!

Comment

Welcome to KR

THE DOC
                        THE DOC
                        RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
                        Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
                        mistake when you make it again.
                        sigpic

Comment

Welcome to the forum!
                          =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders!
                            1996 Suzuki Katana GSX600F
                            My heart rate slows down, I begin to daydream and my eyes feel heavy when I sit in my car in traffic. None of that ever happens when I'm on my bike.

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders!!!!!
                              sigpic

RIP CP
                              50th Anniv R6
                              95 Katana 600
                              http://www.assfaultjunkies.com/index.php

Comment

Working...
                              X