X

Bringing up old welcome threads

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bringing up old welcome threads

OK, not mentioning any names here but this is kinda ridiculous. Someone is bringing up old welcoming threads to get their posts count up, when the people they're welcoming were on here a month or more before them.

This is bringing Post Wh*ring to a new level.

Yeah, let me welcome people that were on here months before I even was
    2007 Honda CBR600rr
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
    sigpic

It is going to happen as long as there are minimum post requirements to access some forums.

Comment

There are plenty of new ones, they don't need to go back to the old archives
      2007 Honda CBR600rr
      2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
      sigpic

Comment

I agree, It's ok to welcome people, but there are some people that only welcome others. I clicked on one profile and clicked on "threads I've posted in" and it was all introduction threads.
        myspace
        2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

Yeah, I usually try to respond to anything that shows up as a new or highlighted thread in the introductions. I was thinking the other night that we had a ton of newer than me folks, until I stopped long enough to notice the join dates. I apoligize on my end for not catching it sooner. As a noob myself, I'll say that it's an aggrivating way to get your count up. I managed without doing that. There's plenty of threads you can participate in without having that many posts under your belt.

P.S. It's aggrivating having to look at the date of the original post too. So please stop bringing up old posts.
          Last edited by mdbonjr; 05-15-2008, 12:12 AM.

Comment

Same here. I usually post in a welcome thread that comes up new on the katriders.com page. I go there instead of www.katriders.com because you can see all tbe hew threads in bold. I check to see if I've posted, but I haven't been checking the start dates. I'll have to do that from now on.
            -
            -

I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

Comment

Just disable post counter in Introduction threads.
              93 1100....big kitty!

Check out the hook while my DJ revolves it...

Comment

Or hit 'report post' on the threads in question and watch the post counts drop back down again.
                -Steve

sigpic
                Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Ok, Maybe, I'm one of the guilty party. I can swear most of my posts were to folks that had just joined though.
                  But thats not the issue here, I kind of lost focus for the reasons why I joined this forum to begin with. I enjoy reading posts from members, learning new mechanical techniques, learning new products that will help make my Kat perform better and more efficient.
                  So, yes, I did get carried away with posting multiple replies on the forum to see my membership status change with different names. And I beleve the reduction of my status on the forum was appropriate.
                  I express my apologies to the board and to the members of this forum.
                  I hope most members will read this and act appropriately, without loosing focus on the purpose of this forum.
                  Thank You

Comment

Sorry, had to do it! Welcome to KR

Comment

Wow,
                      I was just going through some of these people's postings.....
                      I found out that there is a lot of people here that post just to rank up.
                      Some of them are ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Absolutnati View Post

Sorry, had to do it! Welcome to KR
                        Thats funny...It's sad that ppl are posting just to post...i mean posting for no reason...no comedic value or anything!!! WHORES!!!

Originally posted by Londob5 View Post
                        Same here. I usually post in a welcome thread that comes up new on the katriders.com page. I go there instead of www.katriders.com because you can see all tbe hew threads in bold. I check to see if I've posted, but I haven't been checking the start dates. I'll have to do that from now on.

yeah I usually post off the portal page as well....
                        it compiles all new threads no matter what forum they are in...and i'm 2 lazy to bounce from each one....

Shoot get rid of the welcomes....if u wanna make your self known, SUBMIT something in a real thread! Once we see you post enough we will welcome you in due time....lol
                        Last edited by whitecl0ver; 05-16-2008, 01:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

I was wondering what was going on. It seems like some days, all the threads were introductions. I couldnt keep saying welcome as I dont have that kind of time in a day.

So. Welcome to everyone who joined after me. Anyone before me, thanks for all the great information. Truly a great site.
                          '04 600 GSXF

"Hope for the best, but expect the worst. You will always be prepared, and never disappointed."
                          ME.

Comment

I agree completely but gotta get my 50 counts in.
                            --- 1992 Katana stolen from San Antonio ---
                            --- Bought a 1996 Katana 600 ---

Comment

Normally I would go in, delete all your posts, and set your post count back to zero... but this seems to be about the only "pointless" thread you've posted.
                              -Steve

sigpic
                              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                              Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Working...
                              X