Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

welcomr to kr , bike looks really good

Comment

Welcome from another newb!

I say find a skill saw and cut out a section of the 4x4 on the ground so you don't have to lift over it. You could always put a hinge in so that it folds out of the way druing parking and back into place so no one is the wiser unless they look real close... of course you might have to do it with a hand saw in the middle of the night so the neighbors don't tell the landlord >

Comment

LOL, the thought crossed my mind. Unfortunately, it's a concrete parking block, and it's very well anchored. Now that I have the Kat, I don't plan on driving the cage much. For security, I'll just chain it to the tow hook.
        WTB: ANY Katana located in Bangkok, Thailand. :-/

Comment

Originally posted by djct_watt View Post
          LOL, the thought crossed my mind. Unfortunately, it's a concrete parking block, and it's very well anchored. Now that I have the Kat, I don't plan on driving the cage much. For security, I'll just chain it to the tow hook.
          You'd be amazed what you can do with a circular saw and one of those abrasive cutoff disks hehe. Then you can take a dremel to the rebar that holds it in the ground. Not that I've ever done anything like this...

I didn't have the carport to deal with... but did have apartment parking for a while. I used to park the cage far enough back in the slot that I could park between the cage and the concrete block. I do recall it was a PITA though.

Comment

Working...
          X