No announcement yet.
X

Newbie from NC

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome to the site. I live in Charlotte, NC near Concord Mills mall.

Comment

Welcome to KR!

Comment

I'm from New Bern, NC. Don't see too many Katana's in the area...

Comment

I'm over in Jacksonville, but no more Kat...

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Hello everyone. I don't get to a PC too often so sorry it took me a while to get back to this. I am from New Bern - actually Ernul, just north of New Bern. Got some good twisties by my house so it's not so bad to live in the flat land. I ride as many days as possible which means all but about 3 weeks in the winter when it is just too cold, i.e. below freezing. The 2000 Kat 600 is my first bike. I bought it used in 2004 with about 8100 miles and have put 16000 on it since. I can't say I have a lot of mechanical experience with it until lately. After I crashed it I decided to try to do the valve adjustment while I was recovering. All went well until I had it all back together and fired it up - oil came pouring out the front of the engine just below the two middle exhaust pipes. It took a couple of tries to figure out that the washers embedded in the old seals around the two middle spark plugs had decided to stay attached to the head when the rest came off with the cover. Not being familiar with what it looked like I didn't notice these two washers until the third time I had it apart. With these two washers still in place the valve cover couldn't be tightened down properly so that oil came into the spark plug wells where there are drains that exit just below where the exhaust pipes exit the head. Long story short, she is running again. She is still not running really smoothly at high rpm so that is the next project - passing is scary with no high-end oomph...
              Hangin loose \\ooo// in this basket... By the way, where are we going?

Comment

Welcome to KR! And for the record, it's the owners, and not the dogs fault. That is unless it was a rabid creature that nobody owned

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

You're right, it was the owner's fault. They came out to survey the damage and take away the dead dog in a trash bag but never once offered apologies or check to see if I was OK. Even the dog's buddy was more friendly than that. Sometimes you just have to wonder about folks.
                  Hangin loose \\ooo// in this basket... By the way, where are we going?

Comment

Working...
                  X