X

Glad to be a member

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glad to be a member

KCKATANA here...I have a 2001 600 Katana.

Bought it last late summer with 6100 miles from my neighbor. Grew up on sportbikes but have been on a Harley Sportster for last ten years and wanted to get back on sports.

Looking forward to posting for some help with mods. Installing a Competition Werkes eliminator kit this weekend.

Live here in Kansas City.

welcome to kr bro, I got to kansas city to watch baseball games like once every couple years...
    02 Suzuki Katana 750
    05 Suzuki Boulevard C 50

If i wanted to hear an a$$hole i would just fart!!!!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KCKATANA View Post
      have been on a Harley Sportster for last ten years and wanted to get back on sports.
      Isnt that a chic bike!
      just f'in with ya dude....

But really it is...lol

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

welcome to the site
        sigpicAllan

If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've high-sided!

Comment

Kinda what finally hit me...man up.

In my defense it was just about fully chromed out. Had over 5000.00 in chrome on it.

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders!
            2006 Katana 750 (taken by the guy that said he didn't see me)
            2006 VFR800 to replace the broken Kat.

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders
              2007 Honda CBR600rr
              2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
              sigpic

Comment

Welcome to KR!

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

Welcome!
                  =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Welcome to KR. I've got the Comp Werkes fender eliminator on my 05 600; it's a great addition that really cleans up the back end of the bike.

Comment

Welcome to KR

THE DOC
                      THE DOC
                      RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
                      Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
                      mistake when you make it again.
                      sigpic

Comment

welcome to kr
                        sigpic

Faster, Faster, Faster... Until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." Hunter S. Thompson

" Rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow "

Comment

Welcome to KR. Last spring/summer I went from a Katana 600 to an HD Sportster 1200 Wide Glide...got rid of the Sportster and was on a new Kat 750 by October. As I imagine you would agree, it was a good move.

Kats handle, they don't break down, they run circles around most HDs, and you don't have to seek moonlight employment in order to pay for the maintenance and the inevitable repairs on an HD. And when I park my Kat, I know that the next time I straddle it, it's going to fire up and run.

I did enjoy the Glide, but I use my bikes to get back and forth to guitar gigs. I found the high cost of repairs and the lack of dependability of the HD to be detrimental to my pocket book as well as my humor. And the dealership will look you straight in the eye and sell you a screwdriver for $24.95 with Harley Davidson engraved on the handle. Sheesh! Who needs that? Welcome again! (I carve "KATANA" on most of my screwdrivers now.)

But technically, the Sportster isn't a "Chick Bike". It's actually the Harley you can feel like you're on a Harley with, and it doesn't require that you get tattoos and wear a black vest saying "Born to Ride"... I mean you can ride a Sportster and wear a vest of most any color saying "Born to Eat Toast" and get away with it.

On the serious though, Sonny Barger rode a Sportster from '57 on and said that he did because they were easier to maneuver in traffic when rival gangs were after him....good for quick getaways...but I think they need to be bigger in order to hold all the Harley Davidson engraved tools (like a trunk full) it will take to get you more than 500 miles. Sad, but true according to my experiences. I think they look cool.
                          Last edited by zuma; 02-29-2008, 03:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Welcome to KR!

... and great story zuma!
                            Katriders.com, we've got dumb answers!

Comment

Welcome to KR!
                              PAUL
                              93 GSXF6 PIX.

"Opinions are like A$$holes, Everybody has one"

Comment

Working...