• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome to KR!!

Comment

Welcome Gordon to KatRiders.
      2006 Black N Gold Katana 750.
      Hey Pittsburgh!!! (and Western PA), Join the
      "Sport Bike Alliance of Pittsburgh" : http://www.sportbikealliance.com And lets RIDE...
      Motorcycle Maintenance Scheduling and MPG tool: http://www.mileagetracker.org/index.php
      Veteran of the United States Air Force.
      "Land of the Free... BECAUSE... of the Brave".

Comment

I've always liked the yellow/black combination it is hot! welcome to KR. and have a blast on your new ride!

Comment

Welcome.
          2 bikes

'82 GS650G
          '94 Katana 600

Comment

Welcome

You must be a die hard riging in this Penna, weather brrrr.

Comment

As far as riding in this weather, not die hard, just to new to know any better.

Jaxkat, how do you (or your girl) like the corbin seat. I was looking at the same one for my wife, she is a little unsure with nothing behind her?
              '04 600 GSXF

"Hope for the best, but expect the worst. You will always be prepared, and never disappointed."
              ME.

Comment

Welcome to the forum!
                sigpic

Faster, Faster, Faster... Until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." Hunter S. Thompson

" Rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow "

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon View Post
                  As far as riding in this weather, not die hard, just to new to know any better.

Jaxkat, how do you (or your girl) like the corbin seat. I was looking at the same one for my wife, she is a little unsure with nothing behind her?
                  My wife says that you can't go wrong with it. Sometimes when we are riding... I forget that she is even back there... Have to reach my hand down to touch hert knee to just make sure... Lots better than feeling like monkey baby on its mommas back, she says. The Corbin is the best.
                  2006 Black N Gold Katana 750.
                  Hey Pittsburgh!!! (and Western PA), Join the
                  "Sport Bike Alliance of Pittsburgh" : http://www.sportbikealliance.com And lets RIDE...
                  Motorcycle Maintenance Scheduling and MPG tool: http://www.mileagetracker.org/index.php
                  Veteran of the United States Air Force.
                  "Land of the Free... BECAUSE... of the Brave".

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon View Post
                    Thanks for the advice on gear. Already picked up HJC Helmet, and Icon Jacket, & gloves. What is everyones advice about pants, or anything else for that matter?
                    I have a pair of Joe Rocket Blaster pants, that zip into my Sonic jacket. They are really warm. Best advice is if you're riding in Pennsy in the winter, get some WARM pants that will zip into your Icon jacket. I also ordered some heated gear (a vest and gloves) that will come in handy, once they arrive...waiting...waiting...waiting...Oh, and get a balaclava they are a necessity that I found out the hard way!

Like you, this is my first year as a street rider, so I'm a little new to all this as well.

The best advice I have above all else is to take an MSF course ASAP. I rode dirt bikes when I was younger (about 25 years ago), but that did not prepare me for street riding.

Oh and welcome to KR!
                    -
                    -

I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

Comment

Welcome to KR Gordon!!

Comment

Working...
                      X