X

Whas sup all

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whas sup all

New Kat(s) rider here in Huntsville, Alabama.

I bought a 91 600 Kat for $1000 2 months ago. Actually turns out it had a 750 motor that i or seller did not realize 7k miles, K&N pod filters, was wrecked slightly and has an oil leak, old cables, but has good fairings and good seats.

2 weeks ago i bought a 96 Kat 600, 6k miles, for $450 , torn seat and rigged up, very scratched fairings.

Since my attitude about learning new stuff is to jump into it, i have taken on the task of fixing the 2 bikes, or at least having 1 good bike and the other for parts.

Buying a house soon, and will have a garage to work on the bike during or long hard winter.... lol (if it snow 1/4in here, people freak out)

Anyway, i have been lurking here for a few weeks, and have learned alot so far. I hope to learn alot, use that knowledge and give back to the group in the future. I think their are no dumb questions and there is no such thing as failure, you just took the wrong approach and ended up with the wrong result, but you gained knowledge.

I am an engineer by day and a mechanic, woodworker, , electrician, handyman...ie Jack of all trades...
    Last edited by Krazykev111; 11-28-2007, 02:07 PM. Reason: spelling errors

Welcome to Katriders !
    sigpic

Faster, Faster, Faster... Until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." Hunter S. Thompson

" Rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow "

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders!
      2006 Katana 750 (taken by the guy that said he didn't see me)
      2006 VFR800 to replace the broken Kat.

Comment

Welcome!!

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

Welcome to KR

THE DOC
          THE DOC
          RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
          Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
          mistake when you make it again.
          sigpic

Comment

Welcome.

Comment

:smt006Hi!
              "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
              JOHN 16:33

Comment

Welcome to KR!!

Comment

hope all goes well with the house purchase and cant wait to see what you do with the bikes .. great deals btw .. learning to wrench a bike is always a good way to introduce yourself to one
                  so many roads so little time

Comment

welcome!

Comment

Working...
                    X