Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

First bike - thinking about buying a kat!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First bike - thinking about buying a kat!

Hey all, I have been reading your boards for a few days now. I have never had a bike, but much experience with cars. I started thinking about getting one a few years ago. My friend has a 01' 750 that he impulse bought a while back. He now has no time to put into it and has it for sale.

THE GOOD:
    I can get it for 750-1000 bucks. It looks completely stock and un-molested to me.

THE BAD:
    The bike has been lightly laid down on the right side, needs bodywork on faring, a mirror, and windscreen. I am a bodyman, so these issues are no big deal.

I am buying a wrecked car on Sunday that I am going to part out, and I think I'm going to pick up this bike within a few weeks with the profit.

Let me know what you think.

Last edited by bonacci01; 11-23-2007, 04:22 PM.

I think it would be insane not to grab that for that cheap amount! If you don't, I will!

Welcome to KR!
    "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
    JOHN 16:33

Comment

Ohh I forgot to mention, there is no title with the bike. The current owner bought it out of a divorce and the title got lost in the mix. I don't think I should have much problem getting one. He said he would write me a bill of sale. Im in Ohio btw.

Comment

Ask him to apply for a duplicate title. You said you have a few weeks
        -Chris V.

Comment

Originally posted by KatanaSoldier View Post
          I think it would be insane not to grab that for that cheap amount! If you don't, I will!

Welcome to KR!
          +1

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

Don't buy without that title. Unless you're planning a one-time jump across the snake river canyon with it or something...

Nope, nope...check that. A Kat's too heavy to make it that far without a JATO assist...
            =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

you get stuck with a bike you cant get titled you may want to end up at the bottom of the snake river canyon .. so a kat would work fine seriously though .. at that price offer to pay the fees to get the title copy .. and you are still thousands in the good
              so many roads so little time

Comment

Yes indeed! For that price you will not be unhappy. As stated above just offer the guy to pay the fee for the dup.. Title and you should be golden. Little road rash but hey it gives it some life LOL.. Good Luck
                It does not matter what you ride as long as it has two wheels and at least one on the ground!

Comment

Well you see, I think all I would have to do is get ahold of the last person it was titled with through the bmv. My friend who I am buying it from has no connection to the title as he bought it without one (from the people with the divorce). I figure I have all winter to fix it up and get the title in order....
                  Last edited by bonacci01; 11-23-2007, 08:15 PM.

Comment

welcome to KR!
                    '99 Suzuki GSXF
                    '67 BSA Spitfire
                    '73 Triumph trident
                    '35 AJS 350 side valve
                    '72 XS2 Yamaha 650
                    '51 BSA A10 Golden Flash
                    sigpic

Comment

Hello and welcome to KatRiders

I would never buy a car or bike without a title. It could be stolen for all you know.
                      Last edited by Zepp; 11-28-2007, 11:44 PM.
                      2007 Honda CBR600rr
                      2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                      sigpic

Comment

get that title first, then buy that kat IMMEDIATELY

oh by the way, ohio drivers suck
                        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                        Originally posted by soulless kaos
                        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

at the extreme very least .. get the vin and have it run .. atleast you will find out if it is listed as stolen .. but i would try to resolve something about the title before purchasing .. or be prepared to part out what you can
                          so many roads so little time

Comment

Yup, I'd run the VIN or get a duplicate title... Take your time...
                            "So scared of getting older, I'm only good at being young"

Comment

welcome

Comment

Working...
                              X