• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

welcome!

Comment

Welcome to KR!!

Comment

hello again, havent been online much lately, been enjoying my kat too much, 1400 miles already, and love it to death. not fond of the cold weather, but i can dress to where i dont get cold so all is well, not too fond of the valve adjustment on this bike, but bieng that i am capable of doing this myself, im sure as hell not paying anyone to do it! i put a scorpion exhaust on and heated grips from hotgrips.com, good thing about the exhaust, i can do 55mph and run about 500 rpm lower than with stock exhaust. so it will eventually pay for itself, and luckily i live close enough to georgia i can get gas for about 20 cents a gallon cheaper too. ive dropped it a couple of times, but fortunately i wasnt in motion, just standing still, a scratch on the left fairing, easily fixed, and broke the ball off the end of my clutch handle but it is still functional till i can get the extra means to actually replace it, and the other time was at the gas station my kickstand was down, and when i got off it just laid over, i dunno how, but the only thing that was hurt was my toe when the handle landed on it no damage to the bike, ive also added deer warning whistles which seem to have help so far, then again not bieng an "overachiever" with the throttle either, i think i do pretty well for a new rider well i try to be the farthest thing from a squid as possible anyways, im gettin off here for the night

keep riding
        '03 Kat 1216
        '86 GS750 Fighter

Comment

Well looks like your taking things slow, which is good. Slowly build up your skills and when the time comes you will be able to fully appriciate the katana and all the things it can do. But the important thing is to take it slow and also look into an MSF class, they teach you everything you need to know there.
          2 bikes

'82 GS650G
          '94 Katana 600

Comment

Enjoy the new bike and ride safe. Make sure you get yourself all the proper gear and wear it all the time. No matter if you are riding 2 miles down the road or 200 miles. Get into good habits now.

Look into the MSF classes in your area. You will learn a lot and might even get a break on your insurance too.
            2007 Honda CBR600rr
            2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
            sigpic

Comment

im covered from head to toe at all times, so no worries there, cortech leathers oxtar boots, astar gloves, and hjc snell helmet, unfortunately i cant take the msf classes until may i believe, kinda sucks, but all is well, i never ride faster than i can see, and keep to the speed limit, i should be okay until i can take the class, i just anticipate everyone to do something extremely stupid,
              '03 Kat 1216
              '86 GS750 Fighter

Comment

Working...
              X