X

New to Bikes.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to Bikes.

Well I just bought my first bike, a 1991 GSX600F. Got it at a great price and it came with exhaust, stage 2 jet kit, and K&N filter. Only problems I've noticed so far is I think the chock cable is not connected, do to the fact that the chock has no effect on the motor. Also I think I need to adjust the idle screw. Spent the last 10 years building cars, manily imports, and now I think I'll try my hands at working on bikes.

Congrats. on your new bike. They are addicting!!!

Welcome to KatRiders
    2007 Honda CBR600rr
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
    sigpic

Comment

Great year!! Pres 98s rock..

Comment

Welcome to KR!
        2006 Katana 750 (taken by the guy that said he didn't see me)
        2006 VFR800 to replace the broken Kat.

Comment

Welcome!
          "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
          JOHN 16:33

Comment

Like I had posted earler, I've done alot of work on cars. Currently I have a '99 Eclipse AWD Turbo. What are the common upgrades for these bikes? I know the early kat's were on 70hp and I think 450lbs. Anything to up the power?

Comment

welcome!

Comment

Welcome to KR !!

Comment

I just want to say this site rocks. Not only did I find the petcock positions, bike was painted, I also found out why my bike smells like gas and how to repair the leaking petcock. Now all I need to do is order one!

Comment

I forgot to ask how good are the ebay rebuild kits?

Comment

Welcome to the forum!
                      =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Search the threads...Cyber Poet either sells the rebuild kits or knows someone who does I think.

As for power..depends on how much $$$ vs time you want to throw at it.

Ignition Advancer (no real HP gain but that 5 degrees advance in timing made a huge difference on my 91 Kat 600)

Full exhaust which would need to be followed by the proper jetting.

Do a search, but most will tell you from experience the best air filter is the stock filter and airbox.

There are other things you can do after that, but most will be internal to the engine.

Or you hunt for a 750 Kat or 1100 Kat / GSXR motor and swap it in. That's covered too in the Engine Swap How to / FAQ thread.

HTH and welcome

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by FMFGSX View Post
                          stage 2 jet kit,
                          No such thing for this bike . If the previous owner told you that , don't trust a THING else he's told you .
                          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

there's virtually a ton of things you can do to the engine
                            Webs.com has been shut down on the 31st of August 2023. Find out what that means for your site and how to move it to another provider.

Comment

welcome to KR!
                              '99 Suzuki GSXF
                              '67 BSA Spitfire
                              '73 Triumph trident
                              '35 AJS 350 side valve
                              '72 XS2 Yamaha 650
                              '51 BSA A10 Golden Flash
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X