Starter Bike in Chicago Suburbs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starter Bike in Chicago Suburbs

Hey Y'all,

I'm a 20 year old new rider from the Chicago suburbs. I got my Katana or a recommendation from another rider I hang out with. I have a 2006 Katana 600 in black with black powdercoat rims and Dunlop tires. Bought her brand new from Banzai Motorsports in Crystal Lake, IL for 5600 out the door with title and plate. Not bad, eh?

The dealer told me that they were discounting my year because they were phasing out the production of the Katana in favor of a slightly upgraded GSXR. I sat on both the Katana and GSXR 600s and I gotta say, my Katana has a much more plush seat, suspension, and grip configuration. I also like the fact that she's bigger than a GSXR (I'm a bigger guy, about 6'3" 250 lbs), and has a beefier frame.

I love the way the motor sounds, and it's pretty badass that the top-end is at 11000 RPM....quite a bit of muscle under that pretty black fairing.

I'm a beginning rider, just got my liscence and have been learning how to ride from my dad. Overall, I'm thrilled with my Katana, and I'm definitely thinking that my next acquisition might be a Katana 750, or maybe a GSXR1300 'Busa.

By the way, is it just me, or does the Hayabusa look an awful lot like a Cadillac version of a Katana? Seat and bar configuration are almost identical, and the fairings are similar, just the 'Busa is much bigger (duh).

Anyways, I'm rambling. I'm thrilled to be a part of your community, and I hope to see you guys out on the roads in the future.

Love and Respect,

~The600Samurai

Welcome to KR and you're right...the Hyabusa looks 'xactly like a bigger version of the Kat. Make sure you let tdrcomm know that!

Drive safely!
    =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders!
      2006 Katana 750 (taken by the guy that said he didn't see me)
      2006 VFR800 to replace the broken Kat.

Comment

welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by Nero
          Welcome to KR and you're right...the Hyabusa looks 'xactly like a bigger version of the Kat. Make sure you let tdrcomm know that!

Drive safely!
          Ditto!
          "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
          JOHN 16:33

Comment

Welcome to KR!

Comment

welcome to kr

sigpic

Comment

Welcome from Arid-zona!! Have fun on your new bike!!
                2000 Katana 750
                -VERITAS AEQUITAS-

Comment

Welcome to KR!

Comment

Welcome to KR

THE DOC
                    THE DOC
                    RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
                    Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
                    mistake when you make it again.
                    sigpic

Comment

Welcome to KR!

Comment

Welcome to KR

Which burbs are you from? I'm in Niles. lets ride sometime.
                        PAUL
                        93 GSXF6 PIX.

"Opinions are like A$$holes, Everybody has one"

Comment

welcome to KR.
                          carpe diem

Comment

My buddy rides a Busa but the Busa riders that I've met refuse to admit that the Busa looks like a Katana.
                            SFC Smith US Army Iraqi War Veteran.
                            Honda 919 Rider

Comment

Working...
                            X