X

My mid-life crisis-2006 Katana 600

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My mid-life crisis-2006 Katana 600

I sell cars for a living. A few weeks ago we took a yellow 93 Katana 600 in on trade. It had been sitting for a couple years and would'nt idle. The car business has slow times during the afternoon so I started working on it to try and get it to run right. After cleaning the fuel system I finally got it to run to the point where it could be ridden safely. The bike is a little rough, it had been down on both sides, scraped up but not hurt bad. I had a blast riding it and decided to check into a new one, (the 93 was too rough). I had'nt rode on the street since 1980, but hey, the kids are grown, time for the old man to have a little fun. I loved the look of the Katana, the price and the comfort of riding it. I found a new black 600 at a dealer a couple hours away, made a phone call and drove up to get it. I went from never even thinking about owning a bike to driving 2 hours to buy one in the course of 1 week. I have had more fun in the last 10 days than I have had in the last 20 years. I love this bike, gotta new pipe coming, (Yoshimura), smoked windscreen, and fender eliminator kit. Beats the fuel mileage my 4X4 Dodge Ram gets, and a lot more fun to drive. My wife thinks it's a mid-life crisis, But she is cool with it. I can't think of a better bike to own.
    John 3:16

Welcome to KR! You found the right place. We are all fellow addicts of the Kat and some of us are also in mid life
    "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
    JOHN 16:33

Comment

Welcome to KR. You have found a good place for people who love kats!
      Roops Photography|facebook|
      03 GSXR 1000
      04 Honda Aquatrax Jetski
      Past: 92 Yamaha Seca II -> 04 Kat 600 -> 92 Kat w/gsxr 750 swap -> 01 GSXR 750 -> 03 GSXR 1000

Comment

Welcome to the addiction

clicky below for some great info.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

I'm right there with you... Welcome.
          "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

Glad you joined us, welcome.

Walter Sobchak: You know, Dude, I myself dabbled in pacifism once.

Comment

Congratulations. Have fun. I'm 46--Is there a trend?
              What used to scare me is now only mildly interesting

Comment

47 here!

Welcome to KR. Tell the wife that there are far worst things you can do during a "mid-life crises". Enjoy the Kat.
                sigpic

Comment

welcome!

Comment

Welcome to KR

THE DOC
                    THE DOC
                    RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
                    Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
                    mistake when you make it again.
                    sigpic

Comment

good for you!!! it's refreshing to treat oneself after sacrificing so many years for others.

quite frankly, that was one of the greatest motivators for me getting my kat (although i couldn't really afford it at the time); however, i have zero regrets. life is too short
                      One who is a Samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night... the fact that he has to die." -- The Code of the Samurai

Comment

Yep, it's a mid-life crisis alright, but hey, you've made it this far so you deserve a little fun. -Just make sure it stays a mid-life crisis and not an end-of-life catastrophe!

Stay safe and welcome to the forum!
                        =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Welcome to KR.com...!!

have had more fun in the last 10 days than I have had in the last 20 years
                          That's what it's all about..!!

Comment

Originally posted by KatanaSoldier
                            Welcome to KR! You found the right place. We are all fellow addicts of the Kat and some of us are also in mid life
                            then there are others who are only half way to our mid-life crisis

Comment

Originally posted by 87vert
                              Originally posted by KatanaSoldier
                              then there are others who are only half way to our mid-life crisis
                              "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
                              JOHN 16:33

Comment

Working...
                              X