X

2nd bike, 1st Kat - in Raleigh, NC

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd bike, 1st Kat - in Raleigh, NC

My first bike was an 1100 V-Star. Nice bike, gorgeous, but even with pushed out controls a bit too short for my long legs. Sold it. Fast-forward to a month ago....purchased a 93 Katana 600 off Craigslist. I've had more carb issues than I care to think about, resulting in little ride time and a lot of shop time, much to the demise of my wallet. Having the carbs rebuilt by someone knowledgeable-finally-and am hoping to land a 750 motor in the meantime.

For me it's not so much what I ride, but where it can take me, and will ride with anyone enjoying life on two wheels. I'm looking forward to tossing on a backpack and tent, and taking the bike on some camping trips.
    EisBlade
    Raleigh/Wake Forest, NC

In school, majoring in "bikeless".

Sorry to hear about the carb issues, I have had carb issues on other bikes and it stinks! Welcome to KR and Ride Safe.

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders EisBlade.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Welcome to the forum!
        =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

WELCOME to KR
          2005 Katana 750 Traded 04/08
          2008 Concours 14
          www.myspace.com/nc_kat750

Comment

Welcome to KR!

There are actually quite a few NC Kat Riders
            It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

Hey Eis. Welcome to KR. I'm in Durham and always ready to ride. BTW, look for the thread about the NC BBQ meet on June 8 in Greensboro. There's gonna be a bunch of us there.
              Once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing stripes with plaid is easy.
              - Albert Einstein

Comment

Welcome!
                "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
                JOHN 16:33

Comment

welcome!

Comment

Good luck with the new bike and welcome to KR.

Comment

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. I've enjoyed this forum so far and, I must say, this has got to be_the_best_site out there for we Katana riders, by far.

Update: SpecialK rebuilt my carbs and I've received those, have installed a post-98 600 motor, and finished up with all other touch-ups/fixes/etc to be done on the bike. All that's left is to do a light cleaning on the tank, fill'er up with oil, tighten and align the rear wheel, and get a new manifold bolt. I'll probably run it naked for a few days til I'm sure all has been ironed out. I'm curious to see how it runs as-is or if a synch is needed.

hellcamp - nice to meet you. I look forward to shaking hands someday. I'm not too far from where Hwy 98 and Hwy 1 meet.

Eis!
                      EisBlade
                      Raleigh/Wake Forest, NC

In school, majoring in "bikeless".

Comment

Originally posted by EisBlade
                        hellcamp - nice to meet you. I look forward to shaking hands someday. I'm not too far from where Hwy 98 and Hwy 1 meet.
                        Eis!
                        Likewise, bro. Hope that bike gets put together soon.
                        I'm at the intersection of 15-501 and I-85, close to Duke. We will get together for a ride someday.
                        Once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing stripes with plaid is easy.
                        - Albert Einstein

Comment

Welcome
                          Touch of Reality Lady Rider Pres

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders!!!!!!!! Ride safe........

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders.
                              2006 Katana 750 (taken by the guy that said he didn't see me)
                              2006 VFR800 to replace the broken Kat.

Comment

Working...
                              X