No announcement yet.
X

New rider all the way around

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

welcome to KR! Your not the only one who has dropped a bike on a hill.
    It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

md86 you are in dry ridge ky right? It's not that far at all but mapquest shows the long way around.

winner takes the crown

Comment

welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by madkatana
          Anyhow there was a guy in the MSF course I called "six pack" because thats about how many bikes he would have needed to pass the course. He wrecked three bikes and on the fourth crash he was outta there, but at least he didn't wreck his own bike. I honestly thought the guy was on some kind of drugs... Then there was comb over, this guy was about 62, delirious, and his comb over would block his eye site, funny, he almost hit two fellow rider head on cause he couldn't see...lol ...

MSF rejects, hahahahaha, my class was full of them as well. Good times though!!! I wouldnt mind taking it again one day....

and welcome to KR windofthefallen!!
          2002 GSX-R750
          2001 GSX-600F (sold)

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders!!!!!!!! Ride safe.........

Comment

Welcome to KR!
              sigpic

Comment

Welcome to KR windofthefallen!!

Comment

Originally posted by windofthefallen
                  md86 you are in dry ridge ky right? It's not that far at all but mapquest shows the long way around.
                  Close enough . I can be at Falmoth in like 20-30 minutes if I hurry .
                  And Mt Olivet is near a fun road , too . Takes a while to get THERE going the long way , though . But heading over to and straight down 9 , it'd probably be less than an hour to get to your town ....
                  I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Let me warn you about warn you about 9 (or the double a as we hillbilly folk call it) if you have never traveled it. It is like the interstate just with 2 lanes of opposing traffic. If you've been on it you know what I mean.

winner takes the crown

Comment

Welcome to KR!
                      sigpic

Faster, Faster, Faster... Until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." Hunter S. Thompson

" Rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow "

Comment

Originally posted by windofthefallen
                        Let me warn you about warn you about 9 (or the double a as we hillbilly folk call it) if you have never traveled it. It is like the interstate just with 2 lanes of opposing traffic. If you've been on it you know what I mean.
                        Been out that way a few times . Can't say it was much scarier than 75 during rush hour .
                        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders windofthefallen.
                          Hang in there... no more mistakes... just take your time and think before doing everything.
                          2006 Black N Gold Katana 750.
                          Hey Pittsburgh!!! (and Western PA), Join the
                          "Sport Bike Alliance of Pittsburgh" : http://www.sportbikealliance.com And lets RIDE...
                          Motorcycle Maintenance Scheduling and MPG tool: http://www.mileagetracker.org/index.php
                          Veteran of the United States Air Force.
                          "Land of the Free... BECAUSE... of the Brave".

Comment

Save your bike, take the Basic Riders Course. You are ahead of where I was a few months ago. I didn't even own a bike. Took the Basic Rider's Course to see if I'd like it. The course was a very good time. Like an amusement park for those who don't like roller coasters. I really enjoyed learning. Could not have learned to ride safely without it. Guess I wouldn't have even tried without that course. Highly recommended by a fellow new rider.
                            What used to scare me is now only mildly interesting

Comment

Newbs Unite!

I'm brand new too man. I took the MSF course before I even bought my bike (89 750F) and I agree with everyone whole-heartedly! I'd have dropped mine so many times if I hadn't taken that course. As it goes, I haven't set it down once for anything and I'm finally starting to dial in what it takes to ride pretty well for a newb. it was worth the money and I wasn't too scared to get right out and ride in traffic. Little scary at first. I found out the hard way that grass sucks too, that's all I have to park on. Good to know a lot of people on this site actually encourage new people

P.S. remember countersteering, keep your eyes up when you stop (at least at first), and point your head where you want to turn! hard to remember to do at first, but it works like a charm.

Comment

As others said, take the MSF course and welcom t0 KR! ps GO slow!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X