Clear All

welcome to kr

sigpic

Comment

Wlcome to KR
      Watch for your Guardian Angel
      750 '04 Kat (blue)

Comment

hey IForgotMyUserName2 i have nothing to do today so ill give u the whole story read it if u like so here goes. Well the mustang i had a was mint condition 88 5.0 gt. For a couple years i saved my money and droped a crate motor into it. I then raced it for a summer, but near the end of the summer a turbo acura integra was trying to mess with me on the highway. I wasnt bitting cuz i didint feel like racing, but he kept harassing me till i got sick of it. So we lined up, i droped it into third about (4krpm)at a 60mph roll. Three beeps and i took of like a bat outa hell, it literilly looked like he was standing still. just as he dissapeared outa the rearview a sickening slilence came to the motor. As i hear what was left of the rotating mass come to a sickening halt ...i droped 3 cylinders. one rod went through the block the other two went through the oil pan. After that i didnt have the money to fix it so i bought a $200 beater and put the stang for sale. after like 6 months I was offered a trade for the bike so I took it. Finding that mechanicly the bike seamed sound just with some nasty road rash and a couple missing fairings. i dont know to much about bikes (yet!) in comarison to what i know about cars so hopefully it will work out well. but thats my story.
        Attached Files

Cheap and fast won't be reliable.
        Cheap and reliable won't be fast.
        Reliable and fast won't be cheap.

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders Steve.
          2006 Black N Gold Katana 750.
          Hey Pittsburgh!!! (and Western PA), Join the
          "Sport Bike Alliance of Pittsburgh" : http://www.sportbikealliance.com And lets RIDE...
          Motorcycle Maintenance Scheduling and MPG tool: http://www.mileagetracker.org/index.php
          Veteran of the United States Air Force.
          "Land of the Free... BECAUSE... of the Brave".

Comment

Wow... that sucks @ss... Sorry to hear bout the stang... Good story though..

Remember, Caps Lock is Cruise Control for Cool

Comment

Welcome to KR !
              sigpic

Faster, Faster, Faster... Until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." Hunter S. Thompson

" Rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow "

Comment

Originally posted by theusualsuspect
                hey IForgotMyUserName2 i have nothing to do today so ill give u the whole story read it if u like so here goes. Well the mustang i had a was mint condition 88 5.0 gt. For a couple years i saved my money and droped a crate motor into it. I then raced it for a summer, but near the end of the summer a turbo acura integra was trying to mess with me on the highway. I wasnt bitting cuz i didint feel like racing, but he kept harassing me till i got sick of it. So we lined up, i droped it into third about (4krpm)at a 60mph roll. Three beeps and i took of like a bat outa hell, it literilly looked like he was standing still. just as he dissapeared outa the rearview a sickening slilence came to the motor. As i hear what was left of the rotating mass come to a sickening halt ...i droped 3 cylinders. one rod went through the block the other two went through the oil pan. After that i didnt have the money to fix it so i bought a $200 beater and put the stang for sale. after like 6 months I was offered a trade for the bike so I took it. Finding that mechanicly the bike seamed sound just with some nasty road rash and a couple missing fairings. i dont know to much about bikes (yet!) in comarison to what i know about cars so hopefully it will work out well. but thats my story.
                man thats sucks... damn japanese kids and theyre rice burners.... but at least you gotta bike now right? much rather ride a bike than a car anyday. if your lookin for fairings id try www.mrcycles.com they were the cheapst i could (besides eGay) and they come painted to match and stock color and they have all the hardware you will need to.

fyi: i got the lower rigght fairing, brand new and fit perfectly, with all the hardware painted stck suzuki yellow all for only $150. check it out, just because i need to be buying one soon, i know that the upper right fairing painted stock yellow is $242 w/o hardware

Comment

hey IForgotMyUserName2 thanks for the tip saves me some searching best prices if found so far as well

Cheap and fast won't be reliable.
                  Cheap and reliable won't be fast.
                  Reliable and fast won't be cheap.

Comment

welcome to KR from Tyler, TX

Comment

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders.

Comment

welcome to kr
                          sigpic

Comment