Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coming from a Harley. Bought a 90 750 that needs a ton of work, but still worth it. I ordered a bunch of stuff from the dealer and should have them next week. Oil leaks, fork seals, new tires, paint and body work, plenty of small things and some engine maintenance. I am really looking foward to this project. What is up with the 10 message posts before looking at the parts/classifieds? I could really look at them now, lol

Oh yeah, sold the H-D while living in NY to buy a house in NC. Now I have a new house in Charlotte, with an old bike.

Comment

Here is a pic of the Beast! It has a fair amount of engine work, sounds mean as H, but I have yet to take it out on the street... Maybe in the next few days though, but it wont go on the road till april or so... I have plenty of time. Bike looks bare in the pic, but I have most of the pieces to complete. I hope all of these posts count towards that 10 message minimum to view the classifieds. I have been on ebay all day!
      Attached Files

Comment

Welcome to KR, and welcome to NC!

Hope you enjoy your time here
        It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

Welcome to the KR
          posting like that will have you 10 in no time.
          "Muck, what part of "Thou shall not" didn't you understand?" GOD

Comment

Welcome to KR!

Comment

Welcome to the KR famile my freind

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders 1990gsx-f750.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Welcome. The pic of your bike looks just like mine. My bike ran when i got it but it needs alot of work.. Mine is also a 90 750 strange coincidence. Welcome from a fellow newbie
                  Attached Files

Comment

Welcome to KR!
                    sigpic

Faster, Faster, Faster... Until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." Hunter S. Thompson

" Rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow "

Comment

Welcome!
                      "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
                      JOHN 16:33

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders 1990gsx-f750.
                        You only have a few more posts to complete.
                        You'll be there in no time.
                        2006 Black N Gold Katana 750.
                        Hey Pittsburgh!!! (and Western PA), Join the
                        "Sport Bike Alliance of Pittsburgh" : http://www.sportbikealliance.com And lets RIDE...
                        Motorcycle Maintenance Scheduling and MPG tool: http://www.mileagetracker.org/index.php
                        Veteran of the United States Air Force.
                        "Land of the Free... BECAUSE... of the Brave".

Comment

Thanks, yeah I have only a few more posts. Figured I would take advantage of posting here since it is about all I know about the Suzuki Kat.

Comment

kzhurley, your bike looks way nicer than mine, could be the pics though. Went thru a lot of the bike today trying to erase all the mess-ups of the past owner. Is the 90 750 supposed to have a hyd. clutch? There are a few bolt holes that are stripped in the case, and the thing was leaking oil like crazy. I ordered all the seals for the oil cooler, turns out they are fine. It is coming from the pan, gasket is bad and the 2 front bolt holes are stripped as well. Found another leak near the alternator, too hard to diagnose without removing or at least getting that big black air box out. Is there a seal that oil could get thru at the alternator? I will have to search this now. I have the front brakes working again, and found out that one of the spark plugs is dead. THank goodness it was nothing crazy, I hate finding those wire gremlins. All in all, it was a great day, and i am loving my Kat, even though it looks like a salvaged bike at the moment.

Comment

1990gsx-f750, actually thats the way i decidded to paint it. Its good ol rattle bomb but it gets it lookin good until more funds come in for real paint. A little bit of time and some extra stuff layin around goes a long way. Mine was pretty rough when i got it.Ill have to see if i can dig up the pics of what it looked like when i got it. Some one used a grinder to remove the old paint and then brush it and then sprayed over that. alot of sanding. Mine also doesnt have a hyd clutch..not to sure about the oil seal thing,,kinda new to the whole suzuki thing.only had mine for about 1 mo or so. im sure that some one on this great site will be able to answer ALL of your questions. ive learned alot just reading the posts. Iused to be an old kz 900 kaw fan but the kat is ALOT cheaper for parts and more my style. gotta start somwhere--well im going to stop stealing your thread and shut upnow
                              (soon ill have my 10 posts also

Comment

Working...
                              X