X

New member introducing myself

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member introducing myself

Hi my name as you can probably guess from my login is Dave. I have a 2002, 750- Katana that I have owned for less than a year. I stumbled onto this website by Googling Katana. I am a 41 year old male from southern California. This is the 6th motorcycle I have owned counting dirt bikes. I also own a 1983 Honda CB1100F that aesthetically is in immaculate condition. I am in the process of changing the Main and Crank bearings in the 1100. Anyways my katana is relatively stock but in good condition. I got it with less than 8,000 miles and love to ride. I have painted the bike “Pearl, Metallic graphite and have put on a set of Dunlop qualifiers (60 Series) tires, as soon as the cold season hits I am planning to have the stock wheels polished and chrome plated. I was trying to put off changing the tires till that time but my rear tire was showing the nylon cords. I would like to change the engine over from carbureted to fuel injected but have yet to find an after market kit for this. I am curious if the GSXR injection would bolt up but don’t have enough information to decide if the heads are similar in respect to the intake spacing. I am happy to be a part of your community and hope that I will be accepted into your community.
    Dave

Woohoo! Welcome to KR from SoTx! (Former Cali girl)

This site has lots of info..using the search feature helps a lot. Post some pics of your bikes when you get a chance, we would love to see them.

Be safe and have fun!

KCCO!!!
    Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant? I was sitting there eating and thought...OMG I could be eating one of the slow learners!"

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders!!!
      Four wheels move the body, Two wheels move the soul!!!
      Drop a knee,drop a gear, just don't drop the bike!!!!!

Comment

Welcome to KR Dave...
        I love the smell of gas and asphalt in da mornin'

Comment

Welcome to KR. As of right now on the only engine swaps as been bandit 600's and 1200's into the katana frame. It would be interesting to see a FI engine in a Katana frame. When you figure this out post up and take pics of your progress.
          Once again welcome to KR and enjoy the ride.
          www.mopowersports.com

Comment

welcome

Walter Sobchak: You know, Dude, I myself dabbled in pacifism once.

Comment

welcome to the site

Comment

Welcome to KR.

Comment

Thanks all for the welcome

All you seem like a bunch of good people, I will keep you up to speed on my conversion to F.I
                  Dave

Comment

welcome to the site.

Comment

Welcome to the family!!
                      Fast Eddie

No day is promised, live life to the fullest!!

Comment

Welcome to the forum Dave
                        Tito "Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work."

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders DrtBikDave

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Welcome to KR
                            sigpic

Faster, Faster, Faster... Until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." Hunter S. Thompson

" Rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow "

Comment

HELLO & WELCOME TO KR!!
                              This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
                              BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

Working...
                              X