Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Wow! Should have done this a long time ago.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow! Should have done this a long time ago.

This is my first bike and first time on a motorcycle. I want to thank the forum for the info I have been reading up to my purchase of a bike. Kinda tough to decide on the 600 vs 750 but I picked up this 750 for $1600. I have to say it is a little intimidating but I'm sure that has to do with not riding one before. Luckily I have about 4 blocks of new construction by my house so I had a small track to learn on. About 40 minutes and I felt I had some basics down, well down for a beginner. I'm in line to take the safety course later in the year. Man that was fun, might have to cut out of work early tomorrow
    Attached Files

welcome to the group, nice looking bike. learn slow, take your time and be careful.

Walter Sobchak: You know, Dude, I myself dabbled in pacifism once.

Comment

Nice ride!

Welcome to the club!!

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
      who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

i really dig the silver on black. nice bike sir.

Long Live the D

Comment

Welcome to KR, take it easy and enjoy.

RIP - CyberPoet 20/09/2009

Comment

Welcome to KR.
            2006 Katana 750 (taken by the guy that said he didn't see me)
            2006 VFR800 to replace the broken Kat.

Comment

Ah yes another person has been bitten by the bug. Warning side effects may include: lot's of long trips,swelling of the ego, making new friends, hating rainy days. Welcome to Kr Fods. Thats a very nice looking Pre 98. Take your time and ride within your limits. You will find lots of info on here about everything.

Comment

Welcome to KR. Bike looks good and even better it is a pre98 Kat. You will learn alot here as you already have. So read and listen and enjoy. Once again welcome to KR and Enjoy the Ride.
                www.mopowersports.com

Comment

I was wondering yesterday what the older 750 looked like. Now I know...nice ride!

Comment

Congrats on the bike and welcome to the forum!!!! Take your time and keep the rubber side down!!! I'm a newbie too, can't say enough about that MSF course. It's worth every penny!!!!
                    This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
                    BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

Yeah, I'm diggin the understated silver-on-matte-black scheme, too. And I thought I had seen enough black Kats...

Welcome to the group, and to the brotherhood of riders.
                      "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

Have fun and be careful!

Comment

Welcome to the forum fods, nice Kat.
                          Tito "Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work."

Comment

That bike's a score if it runs as good as it looks. Nice find!

Comment

Nice... I'm also new to this great experience myself. One important thing that I’ve learned kind of the hard way is to remember to always look where you want to go (a little hard for us newbie) and to trust the bike in a turn (slow, look, press, and roll) the bike can handle the any lean angle us newbie can dish out (watch out for sand, rocks, etc) and welcome!

Comment

Working...
                              X