Looking to get a 97!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking to get a 97!

Hey all,
    My friend just picked up a 97 from his brother in law just to sell it and i am looking to buy it off him. It needs some work, it was droped, mostly surface stuff, fairing, headlight, pegs, levers, new left side engine cover (dont quite know what its called, starter cover maybe?) seat has a few tares, new rear tire, some other little stuff. How much do you think a fair offer would be? Any ideas on cost to fix? I know it is very hard to do with out seeing but ballparking is even helpful. I am new to bikes, so I have no idea what to expect really. FYI he got it for free.

thanks for any input
    Brian

BTW its a 600

Welcome to the forum Brian
    Tito "Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work."

Comment

Its nothing to look at right now, in a bunch of peices. Any idea of what I should offer him, I was thinking maybe $500.

Any ideas?

Also, fairing seems to be hard to find for this year, any suggested places to look?

Comment

Welcome to KR stangdude22!!

Comment

welcome, as for your question about price, no clue

Walter Sobchak: You know, Dude, I myself dabbled in pacifism once.

Comment

yeah, buying it today for 5, thats all he wanted so he could put a turbo on his banshee with an R1 engine : ) (ongoing project for him)

Well, I have found most of the parts I need to restore this bad boy. Only things I have haveing trouble finding are a gas tank lock(with cap) starter cover, bike was droped and ground through this, it is being held by some JB <sp?> weld at the moment to hold oil. and finally fairing are hard to come by, but the last part of the resto to worry about.
            If any one has any ideas on where to find these please shoot me a PM!

thanks
            Brian

Comment

welcome to Katriders! eBay!!!!
              Four wheels move the body, Two wheels move the soul!!!
              Drop a knee,drop a gear, just don't drop the bike!!!!!

Comment

I have been on ebay everyday for the past week!
                Thanks for the welcome guys!

Comment

Everytime I go on ebay I can't find jack for my kat and I have looked everywhere for the front and left fairing and still no luck

Comment

Welcome to KR from east texas

Comment

Thanks!

I found a guy who is parting out his 97 600, so i got the tank and cap, fairing basket, headlight, starter cover, ignition, gauges. new tires should be in next week. Now I am on a fairing hunt. Seems to be alot of pre98 people looking for the same thing.

Looks like this is going to be together alot faster than I though! I am really excited about getting going with this

Comment

Working...
                      X