X

Steps up to mic...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steps up to mic...

Howdy. My name is Novelldude and I've wanted learn to ride for about the last 15 years.

(in unison) Hello Novelldude...

Ya, something like that right? Well, I just bought my first bike about an hour ago. It's a 93 Kat decked out in black and blue. Going to have some work to do on 'er before she's ready to run, but you don't know a machine until you've been through it; and to think my wife told me I needed to get a hobby.

Thanks to those of you that looked/responded to my earlier post about the ride I was considering. I did end up with it, and yes, I'm a bit scared of the tranny work. That said, I've gotten pretty deep into the cages I've worked in my day so I should be able to wrap my head around something with 2 wheels on it. A manual and some time tends to go a long way.

Good links to parts sites or sources other than e-bay would be greatly apperciated. I'm going to need some stuff to get this thing road ready. Then we get to start looking at mods! (LEDs are high on the list - Thanks for the info KnightRider!)

Also, would apperciate any feedback from those of you that have set the MSF course. I'm planning on it, but haven't scheduled it yet. Not taking the ride out even if I get the mechanics worked out until I get that done.

Life has me wicked busy, so you probably won't see me up much, but the time I do get will be greatly enjoyed by a guy on this side of the wire.

ND
    Attached Files

Welcome, it won't be long till you have everything fdigured out and all the parts on the way. You certainly found the right place! Cool looking bike. I like the blue.

Comment

Welcome to the site. Nice looking Kat, good luck with the wrench turning, it's not that tuff just take your time.

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders Novelldude.
        Here is a thread that was started for a list of sites to find parts, it might help you out. http://katriders.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14234

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Holy crap that's a cool looking Kat :

Comment

Welcome to KR and nice looking Kat. Loving the blue on the bike. Although I am not a huge fan of black and blue, it has a sense of foreshadowing in it.

Comment

Welcome to the group. Awesome looking Kat. Can't tell if it has mirrors or not, but I'm loving that look without the Mickey Mouse ears.
              Once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing stripes with plaid is easy.
              - Albert Einstein

Comment

That kat looks good man, and i'm sure its going to look even better soon.
                Welcome to the forum Novelldude.
                Tito "Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work."

Comment

welcome

Walter Sobchak: You know, Dude, I myself dabbled in pacifism once.

Comment

Thanks Ya'll.

The warm welcome and info provided is much apperciated!

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by SlashZero
                      Holy crap that's a cool looking Kat :
                      I agree!!

Comment

Welcome

Cool rims. I like the black and blue. Do not color coordinate with your Kat.
                        "Your opinion of me is none of my business"...Helryd

Comment

Welcome Novelldude to KatRiders.
                          The blue rims look awsome...
                          2006 Black N Gold Katana 750.
                          Hey Pittsburgh!!! (and Western PA), Join the
                          "Sport Bike Alliance of Pittsburgh" : http://www.sportbikealliance.com And lets RIDE...
                          Motorcycle Maintenance Scheduling and MPG tool: http://www.mileagetracker.org/index.php
                          Veteran of the United States Air Force.
                          "Land of the Free... BECAUSE... of the Brave".

Comment

Thats a nice looking kat!
                            Roops Photography|facebook|
                            03 GSXR 1000
                            04 Honda Aquatrax Jetski
                            Past: 92 Yamaha Seca II -> 04 Kat 600 -> 92 Kat w/gsxr 750 swap -> 01 GSXR 750 -> 03 GSXR 1000

Comment

welcome to katriders...nice to have you on board
                              The only way to go some where you have never been before is to get lost!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X