• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motocamping

My rig.

2000 Katana 600
    2011 Triumph Sprint GT

that looks awsome and like alot of fun, but here in the south we would need to find a way to hook up some A/C to that thing so we wouldn't melt at night.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

They make this model with an A/C port in the tenting for you southern folk !!
      2000 Katana 600
      2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

I'm more than willing to sacrifice a lot of luxuries to make riding more fun. I still want to hammer the twisties.
        Pics
        Pics
        No pics yet
        Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Looks like fun! Would love to invest in this type of set up, one day!
          - Josh

2003 Suzuki Katana 600, Two Brothers Carbon Fiber exhaust, plasti dipped black and green (almost). I live and ride in Upstate NY.

Comment

That's one sweet set-up, Dave. I wish I had something like that last summer when I rode out to the East coast..... it would have saved me a fortune in motel bills.
            sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
            ------------------------------------------
            89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
            96 YZF 1000R

Comment

How long does it take for you to get used to pulling it on the bike? I imagine on the highway it isn't too bad, but how about stop and go city traffic and tight turns?
              - Josh

2003 Suzuki Katana 600, Two Brothers Carbon Fiber exhaust, plasti dipped black and green (almost). I live and ride in Upstate NY.

Comment

Nice Dave! That's the way to do it
                It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

Originally posted by rottenpixies View Post
                  How long does it take for you to get used to pulling it on the bike? I imagine on the highway it isn't too bad, but how about stop and go city traffic and tight turns?
                  You are right, on the highway it's not even there. Right handers from a stop took some getting use to. The trailer weighs in at 320 lbs empty and I pack only minimal gear and it's nearly all designed for backpackers to keep the weight down. The trailer has independent suspension, brakes and a 360* swivleing tongue so it tracks behind the bike like a champ even at some pretty good lean angles. Its definitely not for everyone but it marries my two favorite past times... riding and camping. Because the trailer has a normal ball type hitch, i can tow it with my truck or Jetta as well.
                  2000 Katana 600
                  2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

hey
                    where were you camping ?
                    Just got back from Parry Sound
                    My rig is a little bigger
                    Last week would have been bad without A/C
                    Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Top pic is Rondeu Provincial Park and bottom pic was Port Burwell Provincial park. Stayed close to home to shake the bugs out of the rig. Had bigger plans of an east coast tour two up, but things at work went sideways and I'm not able to get away until middle of September now and wifey is back to work then. Maybe I'll drag it to Quebec for a week of solo camping / riding.
                      2000 Katana 600
                      2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

That is very impressive; however, I can never get away from the appeal of sleeping on tables at roadside parks and being gone before anyone knows I was there.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Has anyone actually done a trailer rig on a Kat? Has always seemed like a great way to travel longer distances or just carry more stuff and still be able to drop the trailer for some faster paced riding.

Comment

I wouldn't do a trailer on a Kat for riding. I Barely can get my roll bag on my bike and feel secure with it. What I typically do is just bungee my roll bag and tent down together. Mind you, I've only done two camping trips like this into the DKP parks ~
                            The roll bag is this, Fits a bunch of my stuff... all my clothes and necessities. Nice to not have to wear a backpack or anything.
                            Motorcycle Saddlebags for all the major brands are available on cheap prices. Viking Offers huge range for motorcycle leather and hard saddlebags. Shop Now!.

Comment

I've gone wild with this bike.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X