Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Sources for taller windscreens for Pre kats?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sources for taller windscreens for Pre kats?

So there's the thread about wind buffeting in the body shop and the solution to the problem is either cut your windscreen down or make it taller, so I want a bigger windscreen.

Trick is, finding something for 1988-97 Kats like mine seems to be wicked difficult. Has anyone got a source for somewhere currently in business that offers sport or double bubble type windscreens for pre-97 Katanas?

Many thanks!
    Black & Blue - Kludge Fixed Katana - 1990 Katana GSX-600F [out of service - engine swap started 9/8/12; ETA 9/30/12]
    Beaten and bruised, clawing its way back from the dead for the 3rd time. 2-up tourer
    2001 Buell Blast 515cc, V&H Exh, Buell Pro-Series Intake, Stage IV Jetting, Raptor II Streetfighter Front Headlight/Fairing Assembly, Dual HIDs -- "The Misfit"

The 750 screens are taller.
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Have you checked with zero gravity or puig?
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I'm already running ZeroGravity's sole offering for the Pre-98 Katana.

I haven't been able to find 750 windscreens anywhere, either.
        Black & Blue - Kludge Fixed Katana - 1990 Katana GSX-600F [out of service - engine swap started 9/8/12; ETA 9/30/12]
        Beaten and bruised, clawing its way back from the dead for the 3rd time. 2-up tourer
        2001 Buell Blast 515cc, V&H Exh, Buell Pro-Series Intake, Stage IV Jetting, Raptor II Streetfighter Front Headlight/Fairing Assembly, Dual HIDs -- "The Misfit"

Comment

http://www.lockhartphillipsusa.com/c...logType=LP2012 page 14/15 top left.
          John,
          '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
          sigpic

Comment

The China double-bubble ones are still on ebay - they are taller than the stock 750.

Like many of the cheap Chinese parts you get off ebay, the fit isn't 100% perfect, but it's damn close. You can usually enlarge the screw holes a little bit to give you the play you need to make it fit properly (I never bothered).

I've got one of these on my pre 750 - it looks a little "Mohawky" but is awesome on the highway! I absolutely love riding with it.
            Can't beat the price either!

Last edited by MrBrant; 03-19-2012, 11:08 AM.

Comment

@MrBrant: I have to wonder why those didn't show up when I was searching for windscreens on ebay before I bought the ZeroGravity one I'm rocking now-- AND it's $20 cheaper than the discounted ZeroGravity outlet I got mine from.

I went ahead and bought one of the eBay china ones, hopefully this should make my commute a lot more pleasant!!

Comment

Originally posted by MrBrant View Post
                The China double-bubble ones are still on ebay - they are taller than the stock 750.

Like many of the cheap Chinese parts you get off ebay, the fit isn't 100% perfect, but it's damn close. You can usually enlarge the screw holes a little bit to give you the play you need to make it fit properly (I never bothered).

I've got one of these on my pre 750 - it looks a little "Mohawky" but is awesome on the highway! I absolutely love riding with it.
                Can't beat the price either!

I've been looking at these on ebay all week and am glad that you have a pic... It does look a little mohawky...but that can be a cool thing. Can you shoot me a profile shot to see. Many Thanks,

Originally posted by black&blue View Post
                I'm already running ZeroGravity's sole offering for the Pre-98 Katana.

I haven't been able to find 750 windscreens anywhere, either.
                Do you have any pics of your ZG screen on your bike?
                Last edited by Blazeman916; 07-04-2012, 01:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                X