X

January ride

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• January ride

So I went out today for a quick run. Fresh 2" of snow on the ground but for back road fare the Mich. Pro Pilot 3's did awesome! You can see the baby Kat in pieces right next to it. (she's in bits while I repair the carbs had to pull her out to get the B-12 out)
    Beautiful weather for a ride! 38' up here. Power in Second is amazing! Main roads were clear so traction wasn't an issue. These oil cooled bikes love this weather...
    Rinsed her after the ride and put her back, till tomorrow. LOL suppose to hit the 40's this next week so I'll be out often!
    LOVE IT!
    Jedz123...

1991 Katana GSX600F (WINTER PROJECT)
    1998 Bandit GSF1200S Daily rider

least im not the only crazzy bas**** riding in snow lmao..i got pilot road 3 on the back and they work awesome in this weather. thats a beutiful B12 tho i like the highway pegs too lmao
    if all else fails......... Get a hammer

parting out my 89 Kat 750

Comment

Originally posted by boomer_95 View Post
      least im not the only crazzy bas**** riding in snow lmao..i got pilot road 3 on the back and they work awesome in this weather. thats a beutiful B12 tho i like the highway pegs too lmao
      Highway pegs FTW! My bike is setup so the only reason I'm stopping is to quench the 1200's thirst. But thanks for the compliment! Hard to believe she just turned over 50k miles.

I ride all year round. Just don't ride as much in the winter as the summer for I can only tolerate sub freezing temperatures for so long. This weather though... At least a100 miles in a day!
      Jedz123...

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
        So I went out today for a quick run. Fresh 2" of snow on the ground but for back road fare the Mich. Pro Pilot 3's did awesome! You can see the baby Kat in pieces right next to it. (she's in bits while I repair the carbs had to pull her out to get the B-12 out)
        Beautiful weather for a ride! 38' up here. Power in Second is amazing! Main roads were clear so traction wasn't an issue. These oil cooled bikes love this weather...
        Rinsed her after the ride and put her back, till tomorrow. LOL suppose to hit the 40's this next week so I'll be out often!
        LOVE IT!

Dude,youve got some serious nads! Guess Im a softy...aint no way I would be out in the snow on my bike. I was caught in a blizzaard in the early 90s on my Virago,not fun. My bud and I had to ride for about 15-20 miles coming from the job site. When we first started down the road it was just cold with huge flakes falling. As the minutes and miles rolled,the snow got really bad. So bad we ended up staying in 1st and walk/ride along the shoulder. By the time I got to my door it was about 3 inches deep. Nice,wet,very packable snow. It had to be my worst time out...frozen to my core,couldnt feel my hands or toes,my boots were each 10lbs of ice/slush,my tank had been on reserve for a while but thank God I didnt need to stop for gas,and to make matters worse I had to pee ...

Comment

Oh I won't drive into a snow storm (knowingly) But if the main roads are clear I'll ride the few miles of snow covered back roads from my house to get to them.
          Similar story to me on my GS750... Got caught 20 miles from home in a random snow squall. That sucked... The bandit is definitely much better equipped for that stuff... you know fairing and a windshield at least...lol
          Thanks for your indulgence!
          Jedz123...

Comment

Working...
          X