Where to purchase longer cables?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to purchase longer cables?

Hey guys,

I have installed a handlebar conversion kit and used touring bars, it's a much more up right seating position now and I really like it. The problem is the length of the throttle and clutch cables, I had to reroute them behind the triple tree and I'm not comfortable with the tension on them.

Can anyone suggest where I might find these cables at say +6 inches or recommend a business to custom make them for me.

I've been in touch with Jimmy @ Mopowersports who has been checking into it for me but we've not found what I need yet.

Appreciate any help offered.

Tim

Originally posted by timb View Post
    Hey guys,

I have installed a handlebar conversion kit and used touring bars, it's a much more up right seating position now and I really like it. The problem is the length of the throttle and clutch cables, I had to reroute them behind the triple tree and I'm not comfortable with the tension on them.

Can anyone suggest where I might find these cables at say +6 inches or recommend a business to custom make them for me.

I've been in touch with Jimmy @ Mopowersports who has been checking into it for me but we've not found what I need yet.

Appreciate any help offered.

Tim

Tell Jimmy to check on the part # system for the cables he can get. I swear I remember that the cables were set up with a length component to the order number. For example, an 04-0121 clutch cable would be like stock size for the bike, but the 04-0123 would be 2" longer or something.

He should have access to a pdf witht he lengths for all the cable part #s.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
      Tell Jimmy to check on the part # system for the cables he can get. I swear I remember that the cables were set up with a length component to the order number. For example, an 04-0121 clutch cable would be like stock size for the bike, but the 04-0123 would be 2" longer or something.

He should have access to a pdf witht he lengths for all the cable part #s.

Krey
      Thanks Krey,

I'll copy this to Jimmy and see if it helps, thanks for the suggestion.

Tim

Comment

Problem solved, I contacted MotionPro and they'll make me (2) throttle cables and the clutch cable for about for a great price.

Comment

Working...
        X