X

Rox handle bar risers?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rox handle bar risers?

Im looking at putting a set of these on my 99 Katana 600. Has anybody used these on a clip on set up yet? I work at a dealership and have sold alot of them to dualsport riders and have gotten tons of good feedback just nothing on using them like I want to yet. Thanks in advance

Jeff

Here is a link to the product
    Lifetime Warranty Made in the USA 2" (51mm) Center-to-Center Rise Pivots Backward/Forward based on Rider Preference 7/8" Stem (22mm) Accepts 7/8" Handlebar (22mm) These risers will mount on virtually any machine that has a solid 7/8" tubular handlebar and open mounting area. NOT APPROVED for use on bikes with clip-on s

Forgot to mention you can get them from 2" all the way to 5"
    Last edited by jeffer949; 06-22-2011, 02:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I don't think you can use those with clip-ons, unless i'm missing something on the link.
    Need those hard to find crush washers for the bottom end of your forks? PM me, i've got plenty

News from my latest doctors appointment "It's not a psychotic break, it's a psychotic fracture."

Scars are tattoos with better stories

Comment

Originally posted by 5forty2 View Post
      I don't think you can use those with clip-ons, unless i'm missing something on the link.
      +1

Unless you've done something already to get a single bar, it doesn't look like those will work. See the thread below, Jet did a bar mod that I'm going to use to do mine to raise the bars, replace with a single, and mod the riding position to make it more touring friendly. The one I'm planning is more aggressive in aspirations than his, but same principle.

Stop into this area for all things touring related. Get all the info. you need
      on how to prepare for long rides and tours. Whether you're a true iron butt
      or a beginner to long rides, this is where you want to be.
      sigpic
      "Character, in the long run, is the decisive factor in the life of an individual and of nations alike." Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

Read it wrong... you'd need to set your bike up for a handle bar setup not clip ons

OP: Read through this thread and after you do what he did you can look at that setup, if you still have need. You can buy bar mounts and handle bars pretty cheap on ebay...
        Last edited by niqbales; 06-22-2011, 04:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
        95 GSX600F -- GO DUCKS -- 06 R6
        Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing -Helen Keller
        ---
        I often post mobile; Keep that in mind when I write like a 5th grader

Comment

I know they are intended for handle bars but why wouldnt they work on the clip-on's? You take your bars out of the original mounts and put these in there and clamp them down and then put your clip on in the top position. Why wouldnt that work??

Comment

holes in upper tree- you'd need new clamps. then you're bolting new clamps to the tree, clamps to the clamps, then having a single point of contact to this house of cards on a two-wheeled vehicle.

it's your bike, so your call, but i'd avoid this setup like a midget transvestite crack-*****.
            sigpic
            "Character, in the long run, is the decisive factor in the life of an individual and of nations alike." Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by jeffer949 View Post
              I know they are intended for handle bars but why wouldnt they work on the clip-on's? You take your bars out of the original mounts and put these in there and clamp them down and then put your clip on in the top position. Why wouldnt that work??
              If you have the money to buy them or can try it without paying for em I say try it! Just put lots of weight on em to test em... if they're gonna fail you want it to be while not traveling at any rate of speed or leaned over in a corner...

Obviously the diameters need to be right also... if it works please post pictures...
              Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing -Helen Keller
              ---

Comment

Well I rode the Kat to work for the first time today and decided to try out the rox. I just put the left one on as I dont have a longer brake line yet. Here are some pictures. They seem sturdy. They do flex a bit but you cant tell me that the convertibars dont flex. Well here are the pictures

And just a picture of my 200 dollar katana

Comment

Er, there shouldn't be flex in your handle bars. Just saying.
                  -Steve

sigpic
                  Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                  Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

You cant tell me that The convertibars dont move. Adding that much bar length is gonna add some flex

Comment

Looks good. Scary as hell but good.
                      When all else fails get a bigger hammer

Comment

I don't know anything about the convertibars.

I had 98+ bar risers for my pre that lifted the entire control up by putting a solid block of aluminum under the clipon.
                        -Steve

sigpic
                        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

I wouldn't be worried about a little flex... Like I said I'd put a good amount of weight on em and try to stress em in a parking lot first. Also I would try and turn them around, there will be less leverage on the piece and should take down some of the flex. So the male end would go in from the outside into the original clip on bracket. It looks like that would work. All the space between the controls and bracket equates to extra leverage...
                          ---

Comment

I agree that doesnt look safe at all. I could see having to jam on the brakes and have to put all your weight against the bars and them twisting foward. I would recomend you look at Tzortzinis Bar Risers I sell them on my website and I have never got any bad reviews from them or atleast look at the pictures and see the structural difference.
                            www.scrmotorcycles.com www.katanaOutlet.com
                            Katana Frame Sliders
                            The only fully tested and proven Katana sliders Rear sliders, 520 conversion, gas caps and more.
                            98+ Slider are "CyberPoet Endorsed" R.I.P.
                            I couldn't have done this without you.

Comment

Working...
                            X