X

THiS SUMMER'S ROADTRIP...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THiS SUMMER'S ROADTRIP...

Well folks, it's official: I only get 5 days of vacation time this year (I thought it was 7 but I just checked). Since I get 2 personal holidays and I can squeeze out a day or two off the books by working the occasional weekend I figure I can stretch that out to 8 days off in a row if I count the weekends.

Now, I could do another speed run to The Gap and see some of the faithful (which would be cool) but I figure another roadie to Canada by way of Deal's Gap would take care of that, and I'd rather do that when I have way more time on my hands. I mean, I love hyper-touring and all that but there's way too many folks to see on the Right Coast and I ain't spending a measly "day" in Canada when there's a ton of fresh fish to fry on Mojoe's boat (riding on a full stomach is not fun ).

But I have to admit, after two times riding across the face of the Sun (Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas) in the middle of July, just didn't appeal to me this summer.

So.......... I decided on this little excursion at beginning of July 5th:

I figure 2 - 2 1/2 days up, 2 days to kick it with Sarah and wave to some Russians if I can, then 3 1/2 days back via PCH once I get back to Cali.

Wifey approval given, passport already sent off for, hotel reservations being made.
    sigpic

Wow how many miles is that? Like 6500? Good luck man, sounds like fun
    Green 2000 Suzuki Katana - First Bike - Project Link: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=113759

Comment

say hi to the palin clan for me.

Comment

Sounds great- enjoy it & keep the rubber side down. Keep us updated as you progress closer, some of us have to live vicariously through others!
        sigpic
        "Character, in the long run, is the decisive factor in the life of an individual and of nations alike." Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

Good Luck Tom!!!!
          -Steve

sigpic
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

I see your point, Tom. I agree 100%. Some day we'll meet, compadre.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Very nice Tom. hope you have a great trip, and I am already looking forward to your epic trip thread
              It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

Good luck Tom and have some fun. Make sure you stop and visit some Walmarts on your way.

Comment

Don't forget to share the pics. Have a great ride!
                  Last edited by ChrisInTexas; 02-23-2011, 02:48 PM.
                  "Emini's are the future"

Comment

Holy crap! Good luck. Watch out, now Discovery Channel will have a new show "Ice Road Bikers"
                    It's all good! It's goody good!

Comment

That is going to be an awesome ride Tom! Please take some pics and keep us updated.

Comment

Have fun and good luck.
                        -Fire Is Good, It purifies the Soul.
                        sigpic

Comment

Looks like a great trip. Is there any place to stay along the way, or do you plan on camping?
                          Originally posted by arsenic
                          93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

Looks like a great trip man.
                            sigpic
                            1990 750 KAT, 2010 ZX-14

Comment

Originally posted by HemiKat View Post
                              Looks like a great trip. Is there any place to stay along the way, or do you plan on camping?
                              I like to do my long distance touring getting from hotel to hotel at a high rate of speed. Yeah, I'm a wuss.

Have hotels scouted out in Kamloops and Prince George depending on how I feel after the first day, and Fairbanks. Other than that I have family in Chehalis and my best friend's family lives in Seattle so I'm golden once I get to the Great Northwest.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X