X

My new top case and rack.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new top case and rack.

I just wanted to share a few pics of my new top case/trunk. I got it off ebay for 40 bucks...figured for the price why not give it a shot. It has leds in the little spoiler for a center brake light that can also be wired to flash. The side lights are single filament bulbs and will be used for turn signals. The overall quality is pretty good considering the price. After i got it I started to fab the luggage rack for it. I used the Rentec model as a starting point and went from there. I've yet to wire it but plan to just use a 4 wire trailer harness and tap into the wires in the rear so I can pretty much plug and play. Next thing I'd like to do is find some hard bags to go along with it.

Looks pretty good, can it hold very much though?
    Kyle

Comment

A Goldwing called. It wants it's trunk back.

Seriously, good find. I'm certain it will look WAY better with hard bags. But...good find.
      ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
      チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
      Semper Fi

Comment

never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Originally posted by Scout View Post

Seriously, good find. I'm certain it will look WAY better with hard bags. But...good find.
          Originally posted by KAT TOY View Post
          http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=110816

1994 GSX750F Katana with:

Michelin Pilot Road 2's, 120/70, 150/70,
          Race Tech 1.0kg springs with 25mm preload,
          R6 rear shock w/14.3kg Eibach spring,
          1" Soupys bar risers, Zero Gravity windshield,
          RK GXW Gold Chain, My own fender eliminator,
          3BBB turn signal mirrors,
          Black painted seat and rear trim,
          Nelson-Rigg CL-135, CL-150, CL-950.

Comment

Originally posted by woobie View Post
            Looks pretty good, can it hold very much though?
            It won't quite shut with a helmet in it but I mainly plan to use it when we travel. It's holds about 30 liters though so it does give a little more room.

Originally posted by Scout View Post

Ya know they also made a Silverwing...LMAO. Yeah it's like either ya like it or not. I wasn't sure when I first saw it but looks better to me than the ones like on scooters and I think the lights will show up pretty good.

I'm definitely sure it will look alot better with hard bags. The wife says she thinks shes gonna like it to so thats a plus.

Comment

Originally posted by copacetic View Post
              Ya know they also made a Silverwing...LMAO. Yeah it's like either ya like it or not. I wasn't sure when I first saw it but looks better to me than the ones like on scooters and I think the lights will show up pretty good.

I'm definitely sure it will look alot better with hard bags. The wife says she thinks shes gonna like it to so thats a plus.
              I like it...just not without hard cases under it. Regarding the wifey, you're correct. When "Homefront 6" is happy, all is well.
              ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
              チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
              Semper Fi

Comment

Looks good I have a GIVI on my kat, and it truely is the cat's arse - indespensible for carrying all sorts of gear. I think with the addition of side cases, the Kat is well suited for long trips.
                2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
                2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

Im not a fan of bags on a Pre, but that one actaully looks pretty decent. Nice find.
                  Originally posted by arsenic
                  93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

Working...
                  X