X

Advice for touring solo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thetable View Post
    Spot Tracker, compressor, tire plug kit, stock tool kit, zip ties, and duct tape, leatherman. That is my usual kit. Much more involved than that, I don't really feel like fixing by the side of the road.
    Forgot, flashlight! But if I remember my duct tape, I have my flashlight, and vice versa. I keep 20-30 feet of tape wrapped around the handle of my flashlight.
    Pics
    Pics
    No pics yet
    Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Also make sure you have waterproof gloves, boots, and the best damn rain-suit you can find.
      If you're tenting, make sure you can go the night in the tent in the rain without getting wet.

My last road trip was 11 days of riding. 10 of those I hit rain. 2 of them were 12 hours of straight rain on the highway.

Without the rain gear, i would have been one soggy, unhappy camper.....

Comment

Originally posted by mammut89 View Post
        I dont know how many miles youre planning to cover but I dont bring more than I always have for a weekend ride. which is the original took kit, tire plug kit, chain lock, zip ties, yellow reflective vest, small first aid kit , mobile phone fully charged and duckt tape.
        We think alike...... except I don't have a reflective vest. I'll put a few clean T's and a pair of jeans in. To me a "weekend trip" is I ride all day Saturday after making sure my bike is ready for it by working on it ahead of time. I tend to ride to a location with a reservation at a hotel or motel on the other end..... have shower, a few drinks, get a good night's sleep and do it in reverse on the Sunday. If I were off for a week or two ride, then I'd have to re-think my gear. Know what I mean?
        sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
        ------------------------------------------
        89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
        96 YZF 1000R

Comment

... beer money for when you stop for the evening.

oh ya, you might want to bring some zip ties like others have said and I've always got a few pairs of disposable latex gloves so I don't have to get my hands grubby then stick 'em into my riding gloves.

To be honest, I've done 5000km rides with nothing more than the stock tool kit, duct tape, zip ties, gloves, a few shop cloths and some chain lube.
          2015 KTM 1290 Super Adventure
          2005 Suzuki 750 Katana, sold
          1984 Kawasaki gpz 550, sold
          1982 Suzuki gs400e - sold
          1973 Honda cb350 - sold

Comment

Small digital camera, share the experiences...
            Last edited by ChrisInTexas; 01-04-2011, 07:42 PM.
            "Emini's are the future"

Comment

Originally posted by Slofuze View Post
              We think alike...... except I don't have a reflective vest. I'll put a few clean T's and a pair of jeans in. To me a "weekend trip" is I ride all day Saturday after making sure my bike is ready for it by working on it ahead of time. I tend to ride to a location with a reservation at a hotel or motel on the other end..... have shower, a few drinks, get a good night's sleep and do it in reverse on the Sunday. If I were off for a week or two ride, then I'd have to re-think my gear. Know what I mean?
              agreed
              2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Coffee!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfe_UK View Post
                  Coffee!!!
                  Well, duh! I didn't think that needed to be mentioned. :bunny2
                  Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                  HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

if you have a CCW bring your gun!
                    03/03/2010 - got 99 Kat 750 ,881 miles,blue, STOCK.
                    04/03/2010 - 2069 miles. Burley frame sliders, mesh mod, carbs overhauled.
                    08/05/2010 - 8562 Miles, SS lines, shovel del., int. brake light
                    10/08/2010 - 9862 miles, GSXR cams, futomo Valve
                    05/22/2011- 11884 Miles, -GSXR cams -Futomo Valve +advancer

Comment

Working...
                    X