No announcement yet.
X

Block/Oil Pan Heater

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have never needed any type of heater for cold weather starting and yes, I have ridden in single digit temps.
    I did a 60 mile ride today and it was 21 degrees when I started. Yes, much warmer than 7, but I need to brag, I pulled the choke all the way up, turned the key and the bike fired right up!
    I did the coil relay mod and that, combined with iridium plugs and dynacoils makes for easy starting. I bet it will get even better when I enlarge the plug gap.
    Oil? I have Maxima 0-40 oil in there, but have topped it off with a qt of redline 5-30.
    Why ride when it is cold? One reason is because it feels like the bike has grown an extra cylinder!
    I saw only one other bike today,on the other side of the freeway, saw rider on a busa, we did the customarily wave.

Comment

id park it, its not worth it... buy another bike and work on it during the winter if you need something to do dealing with a bike.
      "even one weak point is a weak point, DON'T MAKE ANY!" ~me

2006 turboed kat
      2004 marauder 800

Comment

switch to Amsoil 0w-40, no more starting problem

this is what is used in all ATV's and the 4 stroke snowmobiles today. they are basically R1 engines and suzuki 4 strokes in the Cats....
        I run 0w-40 all year in my shadow 600
        98 GSX750F
        95 Honda VT600 vlx
        08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Ive got respect for any man/woman riding in 7deg weather...I ride year around as long as the roads arent snow covered and my friends think im crazy...But i just love to ride...Every time i ride to work on a rainy day people say "Your gona get a wet ***"...I just say...Yea its great aint it...lol
          Speeding Wont Kill You,Whatever Stops You Will

My Build
          http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=114501

Comment

yeah
            i use handle bar muffs and still ride every day to hockey... its only 7 minutes away
            98 GSX750F
            95 Honda VT600 vlx
            08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Working...
            X