X

lets talk gas mileage

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lets talk gas mileage

Alright guys lets talk about mpg. How many miles to the gallon is your kat getting? (include year, model, and mods to your kat for accurate reference). How many miles to the tank are you guys getting on touring trips? Right now I am averaging around 50 mpg on my 04 kat 600 with k&n air filter and after market sprocket ration (stock is 3.16 mine is currently geared at 3.46). Usually I don't like to run down my tank too low so I only burn about 2 gallons at a time and then I refuel so I am currently getting around 100 miles per tank average...how about you guys?

Ride safe fellow kat lovers....
    "not everybody wants a corvette...some people want a camaro"

If you are serious about mpg, this is a great site:

The listed figures are about 10% out due to fitment of 16/42 touring sprockets and speedo healer. Indicated speed is perfect but odometer is out. I'm averaging 50mpg with a best of 55mpg, but she is running way rich. I think the PO over-compensated the carb settings for the sports exhaust. Full service including valve adjustment, carbs and K&N in a couple of weeks should hopefully improve the figures. Interestingly, my old pre kat gets about 10% superior mpg.

Comment

During the summer I was getting anywhere from 35 with my son riding it a lot to 50 when I was careful. Now that its in the 20s around here I'm only getting 25 to 30 because I need to use the enrichment so much. 1994 GSXF 750, with no engine mods.
      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=110816

1994 GSX750F Katana with:

Michelin Pilot Road 2's, 120/70, 150/70,
      Race Tech 1.0kg springs with 25mm preload,
      R6 rear shock w/14.3kg Eibach spring,
      1" Soupys bar risers, Zero Gravity windshield,
      RK GXW Gold Chain, My own fender eliminator,
      3BBB turn signal mirrors,
      Black painted seat and rear trim,
      Nelson-Rigg CL-135, CL-150, CL-950.

Comment

'91 Katana 1100 (what every kat 650/750 owner wishes he owned!), had FP jet kit, advancer, 4-1, coil relays.
        I took a leisurely drive yesterday and might have gotten the best mpg I have gotten in a while-39.4mpg. It was hard to get a truly accurate number as I only top off with a little over a gallon and I had to burp the tank a few times to get more in.
        On long trips, I usually get 38mpg, around the city, seen a low of 28mpg, that might be due to my love of 0-45mph in as quick as possible (on an 1100, it never gets old)

Comment

96 750, Scorpion exhaust, FP jets, Ignition advancer. ~45mpg It's been awhile since I checked.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

I normally pull around 150mi until my gas gauge goes to red on my 98 750
            "We are not all beautiful unique flowers. Some of us have bad ideas and bad taste and the things we do come out awful, no matter how much work we put in."

Comment

42mpg, JEtkit, exhaust. im 275 pounds. had probably 60 pounds in gear total also.

now i have the same but GSXR cams. i think it lowered me another 2 mpg or so...but WAYY better power!
              03/03/2010 - got 99 Kat 750 ,881 miles,blue, STOCK.
              04/03/2010 - 2069 miles. Burley frame sliders, mesh mod, carbs overhauled.
              08/05/2010 - 8562 Miles, SS lines, shovel del., int. brake light
              10/08/2010 - 9862 miles, GSXR cams, futomo Valve
              05/22/2011- 11884 Miles, -GSXR cams -Futomo Valve +advancer

Comment

48 mpgs on the highway on my 2000 750 with a slip on
                sigpic
                "Horsepower has a tendency to break things, if your not breaking anything your not going fast enough"
                "The shortest way between two points is a straight line...Whats the fun in that?"

Comment

Originally posted by 1FSTKAT View Post
                  I normally pull around 150mi until my gas gauge goes to red on my 98 750
                  me too. depends on throttle position. WOT drops it a little.
                  never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

My 90 kat 600 gets a consistant 50mpg when cruising solo or 2up (shifting around 6k rpm), running it hard (9k-12k+rpm) it drops to around 35mpg. My 86 700 Fazer and 05 GSX-R750 both average 45mpg when cruising, about 30-35mpg running hard.
                    John,
                    '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
                    sigpic

Comment

2000 Kat 600. Totally stock. About 52mpg on the highway. A little less (~2-4 mpg) when commuting and dealing with traffic.

Comment

steady cruise 50-55 depending on speeds and load.
                        in the twisties I get about 40
                        98 GSX750F
                        95 Honda VT600 vlx
                        08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

IIRC, I got around 35mpg most of the time. Sometimes higher, sometimes lower, but that was about the average. Details of the bike are in my garage, and I rode it like the grim reaper was chasing me.
                          Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
                            I rode it like the grim reaper was chasing me.
                            glad he did not catch ya:bunny2.i do like most without rejeting.50mpg is easy if your not being chased.

Comment

I usually get high 30s/low 40s city and mid-high 40s highway depending on how itchy i get with my throttle. 2000 750 with exhaust, jet kit, and full hard luggage set that adds a TON of drag (primarily the trunk)
                              "Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death and as sweet as love."

Comment

Working...
                              X