X

Repair Kit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repair Kit

Im thinking about putting together a small repair kit to keep with me when i ride. What type of tools and equipment does everyone take with them on long rides for repairs or things that might come up?

Stop into this area for all things touring related. Get all the info. you need
    on how to prepare for long rides and tours. Whether you're a true iron butt
    or a beginner to long rides, this is where you want to be.

This is a sticky: CyberPoet Rules for the Road

Stop into this area for all things touring related. Get all the info. you need
    on how to prepare for long rides and tours. Whether you're a true iron butt
    or a beginner to long rides, this is where you want to be.

Comment

CP packed a lot more crap than I do on trips.

... but I trust CP's wisdom more than my optimism.

I like to carry plastic zip ties, gloves, shop cloths and duct tape along with the factory tool kit.
      2015 KTM 1290 Super Adventure
      2005 Suzuki 750 Katana, sold
      1984 Kawasaki gpz 550, sold
      1982 Suzuki gs400e - sold
      1973 Honda cb350 - sold

Comment

Originally posted by jday240 View Post
        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=69418

This is a sticky: CyberPoet Rules for the Road
        That's a damn good list.

If you're not packing waterproof gear, I'd keep a couple small plastic baggies handy, so if you do have to ride through the rain, you can put important documents, phone, camera, etc in it.

Comment

ya, good catch paul... baggies are great for stuff that could get wet in the tank bag.

I put all my cloths in larger plastic bags too...

Originally posted by paul.miner View Post
          That's a damn good list.

If you're not packing waterproof gear, I'd keep a couple small plastic baggies handy, so if you do have to ride through the rain, you can put important documents, phone, camera, etc in it.
          2015 KTM 1290 Super Adventure
          2005 Suzuki 750 Katana, sold
          1984 Kawasaki gpz 550, sold
          1982 Suzuki gs400e - sold
          1973 Honda cb350 - sold

Comment

Originally posted by kitkatman View Post
            Im thinking about putting together a small repair kit to keep with me when i ride. What type of tools and equipment does everyone take with them on long rides for repairs or things that might come up?
            Wish I could take credit for this advice but I can't, I read it somewhere and can't remember where:
            "When you work on your bike, write down what tools you used. This list will be the tools that you need to take with you when you do go on a long ride."

Every time I work on my Kat 750, instead of writing down the tools that I used, I seperate them from my metal tool boxes. I will keep these tools in a bag from now on, and take it with me on longer trips.
            Last edited by ChrisInTexas; 08-23-2010, 10:44 PM.
            "Emini's are the future"

Comment

Working...
            X