X

Nelson Rigg vs Motopak

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nelson Rigg vs Motopak

So I have been looking into getting saddle bags for my bike for some long trips I would eventually like to take. After looking around on here I have pretty much narrowed it down to either the Motopak GTS-90 http://www.motopakluggage.com/gts90.html or the Nelson Rigg CL-950 http://www.nelsonrigg.com/store/product.aspx?pid=459. I like that the Motopak is nice and big and can hold pretty much anything I would need to carry, but the lifetime warranty of Nelson Rigg is making me lean towards that one. I was just curious about peoples experiences with either of these bags. Thanks

the motopak expands to hold more. i have fieldsheer expandable bags.
    never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

I have a full set of Motopak 90 saddle bags, the tail bag and the largest tank bag known to man, so big I can not use all 3 pieces attached its taller than me

I love the stuff been to the rally 2 times with them and all over the place. Wobbie has the tail roll and I like it better than my tail bag

here they are on the bike minus the tail bag

RIP - CyberPoet 20/09/2009

Comment

I'm a nelson rigg fan myself. I own lots of their gear and wouldn't hesitate to buy more.
        Some people are a lot like Slinkys.
        Not really good for anything, but bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

m'kay, so, i have teh motopak set, and i love them. they're huge! i fit eveything in them, and didn't have to expand them (until i couldn't stand to wear my leathers in the heat anymore.... but everything still fit in them), but! a seam did pop in them the day i left for the rally. i did a makeshift sew job, and will see how the dealer handles the 2-year factory warranty.
          other than that, super happy with them. would buy them again in an instant.
          the kat may be the gixxer's retarded cousin, but she's a hefty broad... and i do loves me some girth between my thighs.
          # 99 HYPERSLOTH RACING
          [02 gsx750f][03 cbr600rr]

Comment

Thanks for the input guys. I think I am going to go with the Nelson Riggs bags, mostly because I don't think I will ever use all the space in the Motopak and its hard to say no to a lifetime warranty. Plus if I ever need the space I will just get the matching tail bag.

And mcmahonm, that tank bag is fing HUGE, how the hell do you see over that thing lol

Comment

Good choice. I'm in the Nelson-Rigg camp and own two pieces.
              I'll get the CL-950 when the time comes.
              http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=110816

1994 GSX750F Katana with:

Michelin Pilot Road 2's, 120/70, 150/70,
              Race Tech 1.0kg springs with 25mm preload,
              R6 rear shock w/14.3kg Eibach spring,
              1" Soupys bar risers, Zero Gravity windshield,
              RK GXW Gold Chain, My own fender eliminator,
              3BBB turn signal mirrors,
              Black painted seat and rear trim,
              Nelson-Rigg CL-135, CL-150, CL-950.

Comment

Well I just ordered my CL-950, now I have an excuse to start doing some longer rides lol

Comment

I have both and I prefer the Nelson Riggs bag better.
                  R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Working...
                  X