X

Cannot decide on which luggage to get

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot decide on which luggage to get

I have been meaning to get a set of saddle bags for my Kat and cannot decide between the two that i have found and like a lot.

The first is the Cortech "tribag" saddle bag.

http://www.tourmaster.com/xcart/cata...-p-146_31.html

And the second is the Motopak GTS-60 saddlebags

http://www.motopakluggage.com/gts60.html

Does anyone have an opinion either way? I would be using it for an every day extra storage place for when I don't want to have just my backpack. And also on perhaps some long rides that I may do in the future.

Thanks
    -Justin
    P-Bear

sigpic

Signature was getting too long, check my garage for list of mods.

Comment

I've heard good things about these:

Thinking about getting some myself.
      Sex Panther cologne -- 60% of the time, it works every time

Comment

I have the Motopak GTS-90 set for my Kat. Had them for a little under a year.
        So far I like them. The price was good. The quality is good.
        I bought the mid sized tank bag for my wife a few years ago and was quite impressed with it so I got the matching saddle bags.
        They hold a lot! You can load them up enough that the bike has different handling characteristics.
        You will be fine with the GTS 60,s.
        Overall I would rate them a good buy. 8.5 out of 10.
        Construction is excellent. Nice little features as well like rain covers, removable straps to make in to hand bags, and infinitely adjustable.

I really want hard bags and a top rack and would rate them a 10 so that is the reason for the 8.5 out of 10 on the soft bags.

Peter
        2006 GSXF750

Comment

I'm in the Nelson-Rigg camp, just ordered my first piece a CL-130 tank bag.
          http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=110816

1994 GSX750F Katana with:

Michelin Pilot Road 2's, 120/70, 150/70,
          Race Tech 1.0kg springs with 25mm preload,
          R6 rear shock w/14.3kg Eibach spring,
          1" Soupys bar risers, Zero Gravity windshield,
          RK GXW Gold Chain, My own fender eliminator,
          3BBB turn signal mirrors,
          Black painted seat and rear trim,
          Nelson-Rigg CL-135, CL-150, CL-950.

Comment

If you go with Motopak you can usually get a better deal by buying them from his ebay store rather than the website. They have at least 2 of everything on ebay at anytime up for auction. I snagged GTS-90`s and a tail roll a few years back for $120.
            Kyle

Comment

Look at Nelson Riggs. The warranty is great and they take care of you. I lost a rain cover last year on the way to the rally in traffic and it was not worth going back to get it. We were hauling, I don't think I got it all the way tight and I know I had the bags overstuffed. I called them when I got home and asked about ordering just one. The lady said "Well it prob just blew off cause there was something wrong with our strap. Give me your address and I'll send you another one free."

Another member here crashed his bike and the battery leaked acid on it. He called them and told them exactly what happened and they replaced the bag.

Just my $.02
              Damn you Nicole, We will not speak of the 2012 Rally

Comment

I know it's not as simple as throwing on some soft bags, but have you considered a top case instead? A hard top case would be more reliably waterproof and you could lock some non-valuable items inside if you didn't want to carry them with you. I feel like for everyday use a top case is a more practical item than soft bags...... and it seems that a lot of people agree with me. Down here, where people that ride motorcycles ride them every day all year round in all weather, I see top cases on probably 60% of all motorcycles, and I haven't seen a single set of soft bags yet.
                Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Working...
                X