X

Post 600 doesnt like riding 2-up

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post 600 doesnt like riding 2-up

I took my gf for a ride today, she is only 115lbs, I am around 220lbs. It make the bike sound like it had a supercharger in every gear, im guessing it was gear whine? I dunno, just felt like it didnt like to ride 2 up. Im getting my sprockets +3 in the back here soon hopefully it helps..
    2002 GSXF Katana 600- Sold
    2004 GSXR 600

I have the same bike...wife is 120, I'm 165...no issues. You've still got us by a few lbs, but for what its worth, my bike sounds no different with a passenger.

Comment

Mine has a loud whine (supercharger sound) when giving it gas... Its weird
      2004 GSXR 600

Comment

have the same bike and have no issues riding 2-up
        2k6 Kat factory blue and white, lowered, mesh mod, shovel chopped, polished clutch and brake levers,V&H ss2r slip on, home made intagrated tail light, polished lips, 8k hid's and Joe's 40 led kit. All done by me learned from Katriders thanks.

Comment

Then where is that whine comming from??
          2004 GSXR 600

Comment

Is your clutch slipping?
            -Steve

sigpic
            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
            Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Nothing like that here on a post 600 with about the same weight. No mechanic but sounds like a clutch issue maybe?

Comment

Clutch doesnt slip at ALL... grabs great really
                2004 GSXR 600

Comment

Try getting either a new wife or a 1100 ..
                  Scotty Doesn't Know ...Scotty Doesn't Know.. Don't Tell Scotty

Comment

is your chain too tight.
                    2k6 Kat factory blue and white, lowered, mesh mod, shovel chopped, polished clutch and brake levers,V&H ss2r slip on, home made intagrated tail light, polished lips, 8k hid's and Joe's 40 led kit. All done by me learned from Katriders thanks.

Comment

+1 on the chain..with weight on the back the chain generally gets tighter.

something has to be wrong cuz im 225 and my girl is about 180 and we ride 2up with no noise
                      Originally posted by Slofuze:
                      Some people simply talk sh*t because they don't know what they're talking about. Unfortunately, they reproduce.....and why we have sh*t all around us.

Comment

My brother complained of the same thing. Loosened his chain, and it took care of it.

Comment

My chain is already loose... My new chain/sprockets will be here thursday, Ill swap them out this weekend and see if that helps any..
                          2004 GSXR 600

Comment

im 265 my girl is 130 and we are all good...thats on a post 750 though
                            03/03/2010 - got 99 Kat 750 ,881 miles,blue, STOCK.
                            04/03/2010 - 2069 miles. Burley frame sliders, mesh mod, carbs overhauled.
                            08/05/2010 - 8562 Miles, SS lines, shovel del., int. brake light
                            10/08/2010 - 9862 miles, GSXR cams, futomo Valve
                            05/22/2011- 11884 Miles, -GSXR cams -Futomo Valve +advancer

Comment

what if im 130 and my girl is 250?

Comment

Working...
                              X