X

Zero G Touring Screen?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zero G Touring Screen?

Has anyone used the Zero G Touring screen on their Katana? I'm checking it out, but reviews are mediocre. Thanks.

I've got a smoked Zero Gravity screen on my Kat. The guy that had it before me put it on, so I haven't ridden on a Kat with a stock screen to compare it to. It's a little bigger/taller than the standard screen. The smoke tint is nice because when the sun is shining, it makes your indicators easier to read. I think it looks a little silly, but when you're going down the highway, it's nice to be able to lean in close to the tank and get the wind out of your face.

Like I said, I have nothing to compare it to, so take that for what it's worth.

Nuff said.

Comment

The one review I had read mentioned that at high speeds it tended to cause the fairing to spread a bit, I guess because the fairing is taller and being pushed back by the wind.

Don't happen to have a pic of it on the bike, do you?

Comment

I didn't have the ZG touring screen on a kat but I had it on an older R6. The screen had a lip that brought the wind up quite a bit and it was nice on the R6. I am 5ft 9 and am a stocky guy so it was hard to tuck under the stock screen. The my helmet didn't buffet at all really and never had much of a problem but the front fairing comes at down at a much sharper angle too.

I had a kat 750 for awhile and know about how the stock screen beats you up some on the highway. Since the fairing is more for weather protection and blocking air on the kat I would suggest a double bubble. The dubble bubble will bring the air up and smooth it out rather than directing it straight up.

Plus the ZG screens are a lot thinner then stock and have read great things about MRA and Puig screens.

Comment

I'll check the double bubble as well, thanks for the suggestion. I just know this metallic yellow has to go.

Comment

Everyone lives on their different levels of bling lol

I don't like gawdy stuff either

Comment

I have the ZG touring in light smoke and it's great.

Comment

Originally posted by Daemontrym View Post
                ... have read great things about MRA and Puig screens.
                I found the MRA to fit at Twisted Throttle but nothing for the Puig except for a few newer bikes. Have you got a source for a Puig to fit a pre-750?
                Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

BTW I had a clear ZG touring screen and it melted a little bit of the dash (gauge surround) because it acted like a magnifying glass it the summer sun. No problems with the light smoke version. Just food for thought...and the dark smoke is almost black and difficult to see through.

Comment

hey has anyone painted theres? if so how did it work
                    sigpic

Comment

There two other manufactures for "touring" screens.

Gustafsson

Eagle Screens out of Australia. They have one other besides the two pics.

How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
                      How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
                      How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
                      How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

I like the windlip model...may get one if I have to replace the ZG.

Comment

I also have the ZG Touring screen, but when I can, I'll get the Gustafsson screen.
                          How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
                          How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
                          How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
                          How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

I like that Windlip and they have it for a pre-750, too. Does anybody have any experience with Eagle Screens' products?
                            Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                            HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

just painted mine white with krylon plastic paint worked grait
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X