X

Psuedo tour pack

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Psuedo tour pack

Been reading a few of the threads here in the tour forum, and I developed a desire for a tour pack. Lacking the fundage, I improvised, adapted and overcame. I took my Assault Pack (as seen on the linked page)

and simply secured the waist support straps and the shoulder strap link (goes across the chest linking the shoulder straps) under the seat. And presto! I have a 3920 inch tour pack, in Desert Digital cammie (Marpat to be exact)!

That should handle my 1000+ mile trips. Now...I just need to find a place that's 1000+ miles from me, and I can go there.
    ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
    チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
    Semper Fi

That shouldn't be hard to do ... unless you want to be picky about where you go !! LOL
    2008 ZZR 600 (His)
    Black
    Frame Sliders

2009 Ninja 250R (Hers)
    Red
    Solo Seat Cowl & Fender Eliminator

Comment

but inventive idea
      so many roads so little time

Comment

pics would be awesome, I would love to see how it looks! how secure is it? does it have any side to side play? the last thing you want, is fillinng it to max capacity and having it slide over and get caught in the chain!
        WTB: ANY Katana located in Bangkok, Thailand. :-/

Comment

It has NO slide play. The seat is so tight on the straps that I had to really lean on it to get the seat to lock back in. It will probably put a few creases in my pack straps, but I can live with that. It just seems convinient to me, to have a dual purpose item (like a TAC Pack, or back pack) that you can secure to the bike as I did, then when leaving the bike, it just slips over your shoulders, and off you go.

Just a Marine way of doing things. Not the best looking tour pack, and certainly improvised...but definately servicable.
          ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
          チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
          Semper Fi

Comment

sounds pretty cool post pics if u can

Comment

Working...
            X