X

Utah to San Diego....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Utah to San Diego....

I am gonig to be riding the kat to San Diego at the end of the month, going to take I-15 all the way to Temecula and then hwy 79 over to Pine Valley.

anyone along the trip or that lives close have some good rides ni those areas?

also some tips for the ride would be great, I did go though alot of posts and I have several items ready to go.

tire patch kit
    tire plugs
    electric tire pump
    flash light
    extra tools
    extra bungie cords
    2 gallons of fuel
    chain lube
    1 gallon baggies
    extra visor (scorpion exo)
    credit card
    rain gear
    ipod
    cell phone (with charger)
    off duty items
    camel back, 2 liter size.
    saddle bags, tail bag. (fieldsheer)
    camera
    ibuphrofen

this being my first trip, not sure what else is absolutly needed.

oh and one thing I am worried about, is the stock Kat seat going to be hard on me?
    Last edited by seriss_cweald; 09-10-2008, 04:09 PM.
    2006 Katana 750, Bumble Bee replica
    Bumblee Bee Tuna

Seems like your list covers everything. Main things I am sure to do on a long trip is keep hydrated with water or gatorade. Make sure your rainsuit is easily accessible. (Not on bottom of bag!). I have one of those beaded seat things. I know it may sound corny, but for me it is the most important factor in being comfy for long days in the saddle. It distributes wieght and keeps air flowing to prevent "monkey butt". Good luck and call it a day if you start to feel groggy or lose focus.

Comment

Hey, let me know what day you're leaving and provided the bike godz are smiling on me and my stator I could meet you in Perris and give you a nice ride west down Ortega (Hwy 74) to the 5. Then you could take the 5 south to LoCal. Trust me, depending on the time you leave Price you'll appreciate a nice, cool coastal stretch into San Diego.
      sigpic

Comment

Sounds like you're going to have a great time! What about a camera??? so you can share your adventure with us :mrgreen:
        My toys

Pre98 Kat fan!

Comment

I would add a small first aid kit (just in case), and a small bottle of tylenol or aspirin. Other than that, seems like you're well togged for a great trip!
          2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
          2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

sounds like youve got it all covered! Im jealous for sure but i hope you have and awesome trip and remeber not to push yourself too much dont wanna down that pretty kat or more importantly hurt yourself!!
            RIDE TO LIVE. LIVE TO RIDE.

Comment

Ill prob leave monday september 29th. leave here in the morning and try to make it past Las Vegas into barstow the first day. other then that I really am not on a huge time table.

asprin got it.

Hey, let me know what day you're leaving and provided the bike godz are smiling on me and my stator I could meet you in Perris and give you a nice ride west down Ortega (Hwy 74) to the 5. Then you could take the 5 south to LoCal. Trust me, depending on the time you leave Price you'll appreciate a nice, cool coastal stretch into San Diego.

ok sounds good, meet you there ride to 5, down to 76 then over to I-15 and continue over to pine valley. nice, thanks.
              2006 Katana 750, Bumble Bee replica
              Bumblee Bee Tuna

Comment

Working...
              X