No announcement yet.
X

Smokin's 82 Kat Resto project

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beyond gorgeous. Doesn't look dated at all and I love the silver bodywork with the deep red frame.
    -1990 Suzuki Katana GSXF1100
    -2007 BMW 335xi (Retired )
    -2008 Audi S5
    -2010 Land Rover Range Rover

Comment

Thanks for the compliments, folks.

Turns out the carb issues were mostly related to putting on some cheapy air filter pods. Have since put on K&N's. Apparently they flow air different than the other kinds.

Runs strong, but now have a leaky cam chain tensioner. Seals are on order so should be in business in a week or so.

Comment

A MANUAL cam chain tensioner won't leak like that & is what you should have on it anyway. Ray.
        85GS1150E 83GS1100SD 83GS1100ES 82GS1000SZ 96GSXR1500DRAGBIKE 96GSXR1400DRAGBIKE 90GSXR1166DRAGBIKE 05SDG110PITBIKE & 8 QUADS!!! "Life is tough! It's even tougher when you're stupid!" John Wayne

Comment

Ray,

I'd considered one but ~ 50 bux was a lot more than 15 for new seals. It's sealed up now and seems to be working properly. The guide on Bwringers website was super helpful as to which seals to order, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by Smokinapankake View Post
            Ray,

I'd considered one but ~ 50 bux was a lot more than 15 for new seals. It's sealed up now and seems to be working properly. The guide on Bwringers website was super helpful as to which seals to order, etc...

What website is that please?

John

Comment

Lots of good info here:

Comment

This is great cant wait to see the finished bike.

Comment

I left you guys all hanging, didn't I? Never posted up after pics.
                  Well, it's not quite after as I STILL haven't done the bodywork or gotten the seat recovered, but I did do a brake upgrade found on the GS Resources website.

And I've ridden it around here and there (less than 150 miles yet) so I guess it's kind of an after picture:

And one of my rehabbe'd brake master cylinder:

Thanks for looking!

Comment

Looks clean dude and I'm diggin the color scheme.
                    Kat Parts Clearance Selling Everything

Comment

Looks great!

Krey
                      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Thanks Rob, you've prolly seen it around over at the GS Resources; I spend more time there than here.

Appreciate the comments.

Comment

This thing is nice. Excellent job. I would never have the time or patience to complete a job like this...

Comment

I've noticed you hav'nt connected up the anti-dive on the front. Was there any reason for that?
                            MelWain

Comment

They were disconnected when I got it (at a yard sale no less) but to compensate, the forks have Progressive springs. It works good.

Comment

I did a similar redo of my clutch and brake resevoirs on my 84 Ltd. I hope they hold fluid without leaks. I used watch mineral glass pressed into cleaned up original press in metal ring. I used clear RTV around edge to seal.

I see in back ground of pic you went a different way with your Pop-up's resevoirs.

Comment

Working...
                                X