GS1000 engine worth

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GS1000 engine worth

Hey guys,

I do not have much details. But I have a shot at getting a GS1000 engine that was bored out to 1100 and was to be put in a race bike. It is working.

I believe it was to be used to race in vintage class here in Ontario.

The guy has it but no plans for it or project right now and wanted to know if I was interested. He is only offering it to me because of the my project other wise he would keep it.

If I am right, this guy is involved in the local race scene as I have seen his hanlde and name around.

What would a working GS1000 modified engine go for ball park?

I wish I had more info right now.

Thanks,

Andre

Ask suzukiray....he'll be able to give you a ballpark and things to look for when checking it out...

Comment

Originally posted by Waltari View Post
      Ask suzukiray....he'll be able to give you a ballpark and things to look for when checking it out...
      Thanks. I emailed the guy to get more info. It looks like he is restoring an old GS himself.

Comment

That would be a nice engine to put into my 1982 GS850, except my bike is shaft drive.

Comment

suzukiray would be the one to talk to about that!
          @ scottb, ask ray that also, I believe if you have the engine you can swap the wheel out and you will be set.
          TDA Racing/Motorsports
          1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
          Who knows what is next?
          Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
          Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Originally posted by scottb View Post
            That would be a nice engine to put into my 1982 GS850, except my bike is shaft drive.
            I have a GS1100 or 1150 shaft drive motor, if your interested.
            Ok, no more mister nice guy, i've met the guy in the street, and he's a wanker.

Comment

Originally posted by ne-oublie View Post
              I have a GS1100 or 1150 shaft drive motor, if your interested.
              There NEVER was a shaft drive 1150! Just so you know. Ray.
              85GS1150E 83GS1100SD 83GS1100ES 82GS1000SZ 96GSXR1500DRAGBIKE 96GSXR1400DRAGBIKE 90GSXR1166DRAGBIKE 05SDG110PITBIKE & 8 QUADS!!! "Life is tough! It's even tougher when you're stupid!" John Wayne

Comment

I have a few irons in the fire at the moment, so the GS upgrades will have to wait. I have a 1961 model 2200 Solex (completely disassembled) and a 1968 Solex model 2800 (complete but needs restored) These are basically French pedal bikes with a 49 cc 2 stroke motor mounted over the front tire. Oh, and kinda looking for a Mazda Miata to race in autocross. Once the snow falls, i'll be busy in the garage.

Comment

Originally posted by scottb View Post
                  I have a few irons in the fire at the moment, so the GS upgrades will have to wait. I have a 1961 model 2200 Solex (completely disassembled) and a 1968 Solex model 2800 (complete but needs restored) These are basically French pedal bikes with a 49 cc 2 stroke motor mounted over the front tire. Oh, and kinda looking for a Mazda Miata to race in autocross. Once the snow falls, i'll be busy in the garage.
                  Send one of the Solex bikes to me and I will do the project for ya! You really aren't that far away, or even better yet, bring the GS over, I have a GS1100 project here now!
                  TDA Racing/Motorsports
                  1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                  Who knows what is next?
                  Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!

Comment

Originally posted by suzukiray View Post
                    There NEVER was a shaft drive 1150! Just so you know. Ray.
                    I really have no idea, just what i was told
                    Ok, no more mister nice guy, i've met the guy in the street, and he's a wanker.

Comment

I am currently looking for steering bearing and the cables for the throttle and the brakes for the 1961 model 2200.

Oh, and I could use spare side covers for the 1982 GS 850 L.

Have you owned or worked on a Solex? Just curious?

I was near you last Saturday for the AMA museum open house in Pinkerington(sp?),got to ride a Can-Am Spyder in the parking lot demo ride.

I will post pics this weekend of the 850

Comment

Wrong Lakeview, I am 43331, 33 west from C-Bus!
                        There are many looking for side covers for their GS, I need a left one!
                        TDA Racing/Motorsports
                        Who knows what is next?

Comment

I still have not heard back from the guy...oh..well... life goes on.

Comment

Working...
                          X